I'm not a fan of telematics but...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They are snow chains. When I'm done using them I connect the ends together, fold them in half, and hang them from the corner of the shelf so that they dont get all tangled up.
Ahhhhhh ok thanx. Never seen them down here. When it snows here we all call in

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They are snow chains. When I'm done using them I connect the ends together, fold them in half, and hang them from the corner of the shelf so that they dont get all tangled up.

I wish all my drivers were as fastidious as you with their chains. Expert installation is a plus too ,for many reasons.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
About a month ago we had a consignee call in and accuse their driver of theft. They claimed that he came into their apartment when only their daughter was home, then stole a notebook computer, ate food out of the fridge, and for some crazy reason downloaded a virus onto another computer. Telematics easily showed when and where he stopped the package car, opened and shut the bulkhead door, scanned and stop completed the package, and finally started the car to drive off. All that took less than two minutes, the supervisors were just laughing about the stupid phone call.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I dont have a spare tire in my car, to my knowledge none of the cars in our building carry them.

Any trip around here that goes 15 (I think!) miles away from the center has a spare. Still have to call somebody to change it, though.:surprised:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wish all my drivers were as fastidious as you with their chains. Expert installation is a plus too ,for many reasons.:happy-very:

The first 10 times I used the chains they flew off. Finally figured out how to keep them on. Bidding on a 200 plus mile route in our worst winter in years helped.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The first 10 times I used the chains they flew off. Finally figured out how to keep them on. Bidding on a 200 plus mile route in our worst winter in years helped.

If they only fly off, you are lucky.

When I failed to install mine correctly....they only came part way off and instead of flying away they wrapped themselves around the axle between the rear duallys of the P-600 I was driving.

It was 5 degrees above zero, which was the all time record cold temperature for my area and the coldest weather I have ever personally experienced. It was night time, on a back country road. It was so cold that the chains immediately froze into a rusty, muddy, solid mass of steel and ice that was wedged tightly in between the tires. I had to crawl underneath the truck with frozen tears and frozen snot running down my face and a flashlight in my mouth to try and untangle that godawful mess. It was without a doubt the most frustrating and physically miserable experience of my 26 year career at UPS, and so now I take the time to carefully and properly install my chains because I dont EVER want to go through that sh&t again.