I'm not hearing much about global warming now days.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They've changed it to climate change, but they still mean global warming, and specifically anthropogenic global warming. Climate change is self-evident, which is why the alarmists have co-opted the term and redefined it. So when reasonable people agree that climate change is happening, the alarmists understand that to mean that you agree that global warming is happening, that it is almost entirely caused by human activity, and that it must be stopped at any cost, including the intentional near extinction of mankind.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wonder why?
Because ...
babycoldoutside.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The frigid weather patterns are just repeats every so often. All of my 70 years in many locations, freeze happens, heat happens. It's called weather!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
They've changed it to climate change, but they still mean global warming, and specifically anthropogenic global warming. Climate change is self-evident, which is why the alarmists have co-opted the term and redefined it. So when reasonable people agree that climate change is happening, the alarmists understand that to mean that you agree that global warming is happening, that it is almost entirely caused by human activity, and that it must be stopped at any cost, including the intentional near extinction of mankind.
Then what caused global climate change before the rise of humans and on Mars where there are no humans?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm pretty sure the planet doesn't give a crap about climate change. Our children and grandchildren probably will but we haven't really shown that we care about them either.

Now if we were really smart, and in tune with markets, we'd see that the rest of the world is moving toward green and renewable energy and leaving us in their technological wake. But that would require understanding that America shouldn't be isolationist in trade and, well, certain people would have to understand science and stuff.

Future

Victory Ride
I'm pretty sure the planet doesn't give a crap about climate change. Our children and grandchildren probably will but we haven't really shown that we care about them either.

Now if we were really smart, and in tune with markets, we'd see that the rest of the world is moving toward green and renewable energy and leaving us in their technological wake. But that would require understanding that America shouldn't be isolationist in trade and, well, certain people would have to understand science and stuff.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I headed home from NY via I90 Erie Pa. on Christmas Day to try and beat the storm. Growing up on the Lake Ive seen large snowfall. This was epic. Stuck on 90 for hours because traffic was stopped while the snow just kept falling. Northeast Pa. People in cars were stuck as we sat so long. People were in the median standing on their cars waving for help. I have no idea how they got there as snow was piled 4 ft high on what appeared to be the edge of the road from plows hours earlier.

When I would finally get to an exit, it was clogged with wrecks and people stuck on the ramp. Gas lines wrapped around the truck stops.

When we finally got off 90 at Wesleyville headed North to rt 20. Absolutely nothing was plowed. Thankful I kind of knew the area. It was like an alley with cars stuck everywhere. half in half out of driveways, or just couldnt move anymore in the road. And the wind was terrible. Total white outs for minutes on end. Finally got to 79 headed south to pittsburgh. There was no snow 10 miles from Erie. Usually takes me 2.5 hrs to get home from NY state line, took 7.5. It was very scary.

And with 16 more inches coming on top if the 65 they have, I bet they are praying for some of that global warming.

over9five

Staff member
Probably too late to save the planet. At best we could only slow down her demise.
Have we finally reached "The Final Countdown"?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Then what caused global climate change before the rise of humans and on Mars where there are no humans?

I'm guessing the same things that are causing it now? I think the alarmists downplay the role of the sun and overstate the effects of greenhouse gases. The predictive models on greenhouse gas levels vs average temperatures have all been woefully inaccurate since the alarm was sounded decades ago. But, to see a demonstration on how much impact proximity to the sun has, all one must do is compare the equator to the poles, and that's only a 3k-5k miles' difference. I think changes in earth's orbit over time and solar output fluctuations are the main contributors to any average temperature change, while the greenhouse effect (at current levels) have only very minor impact.