I'm not one to brag...

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
However, ol' Fitty is on vacation and since one of UPS paid holidays(New Years,Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve) falls on my vacation. I have TWO options. I can just bank the extra 8-hours for the 4th of July or I can also add an extra day to my vacation and take Monday the 9th of July off in addition.

I'll be taking Monday off. I like to schedule my 8-weeks paid vacation around my 7-paid holidays to take an extra day off and in between I use my 40-hours of sick basically as floaters. Also I get approx. 5 R/O's (Request Off) days a year that are unpaid. I just call my Supe and say; "Hey ol Buddy, (don't tell anyone I call him buddy) how about letting me off for the day." He runs down stairs and looks at schedule and says... ok, looks good. Call back 1-hour before start to see if anyone called in sick... I then call 59-minutes before start. He tells me... you got it! You are off! I hang up... do a little dance. Race upstairs and use momma like a Hoppity Hop!

Have a great 4th everyone!

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
However, ol' Fitty is on vacation and since one of UPS paid holidays(New Years,Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve) falls on my vacation. I have TWO options. I can just bank the extra 8-hours for the 4th of July or I can also add an extra day to my vacation and take Monday the 9th of July off in addition.

I'll be taking Monday off. I like to schedule my 8-weeks paid vacation around my 7-paid holidays to take an extra day off and in between I use my 40-hours of sick basically as floaters. Also I get approx. 5 R/O's (Request Off) days a year that are unpaid. I just call my Supe and say; "Hey ol Buddy, (don't tell anyone I call him buddy) how about letting me off for the day." He runs down stairs and looks at schedule and says... ok, looks good. Call back 1-hour before start to see if anyone called in sick... I then call 59-minutes before start. He tells me... you got it! You are off! I hang up... do a little dance. Race upstairs and use momma like a Hoppity Hop!

YAWN!!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Man, you gotta lift more because you’re coming in weak with these new threads.

At least pose a question like “Should I get my supervisor a gift for being so nice, letting me have the day off?”

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Man, you gotta lift more because you’re coming in weak with these new threads.

At least pose a question like “Should I get my supervisor a gift for being so nice, letting me have the day off?”
He just woke up next to his supervisor. He’s making him coffee, stroking his nordt, then gonna clean his arse!

There are only 6 paid holidays. I’ve taken 4 weeks vaca, 8 sick days, 10 ROs, and 6 lay off days so far this year. Sometimes I only have to talk with the OMS and it’s a done deal. Looking forward to another 7-8 weeks off in Q3 and Q4. I call my supervisors “kid”.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
There are only 6 paid holidays. I’ve taken 4 weeks vaca, 8 sick days, 10 ROs, and 6 lay off days so far this year. Sometimes I only have to talk with the OMS and it’s a done deal. Looking forward to another 7-8 weeks off in Q3 and Q4. I call my supervisors “kid”.
That's great man. You see, I knew there were UPSer's out there like me.

Didn't we have 8 paid holidays and now it's 7 with Black Friday removed(still paid until this contract ends)?

We get paid & off in 2018 for:

(1) 01/01/18, (2) Memorial Day, (3) 4th of July, (4) Labor Day, (5) Thanksgiving, (6) Christmas & (7) 12/31/2018

Didn't we have 8 paid holidays and now it's 7 with Black Friday removed(still paid until this contract ends)?

(1) 01/01/18, (2) Memorial Day, (3) 4th of July, (4) Labor Day, (5) Thanksgiving, (6) Christmas & (7) 12/31/2018
Not sure New Year’s Eve is a holiday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Black Friday is still a paid holiday

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I think the Southern regions get MLK or Human Rights Day off too. No sure about that. Boss told me that.

My OMS was a working sonofagun! He'd go in at 2:30am just to get us all dialed in and he'd leave around 9:20am.. yet, he'd only get paid for 5 hours. I think he only cleared about $28k a year. Thankless job and often got totally chewed out via e-mails daily from the Division Manager. He'd tell me about the content and believe me brother. You'd have the utmost respect for your OMS if you knew what he had to put up with.

Corporate should open up those e-mails someday and read a few imo.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
014BFA0A-8528-4D13-9BEC-B58FE57F5B5E.gif

Box Ox

I'll be taking Monday off. I like to schedule my 8-weeks paid vacation around my 7-paid holidays to take an extra day off and in between I use my 40-hours of sick basically as floaters. Also I get approx. 5 R/O's (Request Off) days a year that are unpaid.

Wow! Just imagine how the low paid, no rights 22.4s are gonna feel when they see how much PTO you’ve got and long for the days of strong Unions and strong Union contracts!

Using what you’ve got to try and sell a big bag of :censored2: to the new kids who will get a lot less is pretty epic fail.