I'm so sick of the Harassment and take away's

Goldilocks

This needs to stop!! Set us free from the Memphis BALLS AND CHAINS. LET US DO OUR JOB without any more Harassment! Get rid of all these middle jobs that are attacking the Couriers. Think of all the money you could save by eliminating those jobs. I am sick and tired of seeing my coworkers attacked, or myself. And yes, I have been around for 30 plus years. And yes I loved express at one time. No more! Times have changed! This is nothing but harassment!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433289805.375919.jpg

It will be fine

The amount of money this corporation wastes on micro-management is truly staggering. I know from experience if you train drivers well you can just let them do their jobs. Treat them with respect and they'll make the right decisions on their own. This isn't rocket science.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred is the ultimate control freak. He'd rather waste a lot of money on micro-management than paying people properly and let them make intelligent decisions on their own. Surely he must think that every hourly employee has an agenda to screw him royally so what does he do? He screws you over at every turn instead. It's pretty sad that someone with that much wealth and past 70 years old just doesn't retire to enjoy the finer things in life and let somebody else worry about unionization, productivity and shareholders etc. Pretty sad.

l22

This needs to stop!! Set us free from the Memphis BALLS AND CHAINS. LET US DO OUR JOB without any more Harassment! Get rid of all these middle jobs that are attacking the Couriers. Think of all the money you could save by eliminating those jobs. I am sick and tired of seeing my coworkers attacked, or myself. And yes, I have been around for 30 plus years. And yes I loved express at one time. No more! Times have changed! This is nothing but harassment!

Could you explain in further detail what exactly you are talking about without going into very specific detail?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I have been around for 30 plus years.

not to offend you but...

holy $hi+, shouldn't you retire already and do something else?!?

you see the crumbling of this operation going to "we're all ground now" levels and yet you're staying on board the sinking ship for what?

vantexan

not to offend you but...

you see the crumbling of this operation going to "we're all ground now" levels and yet you're staying on board the sinking ship for what?
If I was topped out and had a topped out courier spouse I think I'd find it hard to leave too. That's good money. Give them credit, they've worked hard for a very long time and hung in there. I've quit and got rehired twice, and my bank account reflects that unfortunately. Just wish all of us could look forward to the deal Goldi has, there's no real reason to put in the years she has anymore.

Goldilocks

not to offend you but...

Only to build my 401 to meet my goal and our traditional pension, not quite 57

Goldilocks

If I was topped out and had a topped out courier spouse I think I'd find it hard to leave too. That's good money. Give them credit, they've worked hard for a very long time and hung in there. I've quit and got rehired twice, and my bank account reflects that unfortunately. Just wish all of us could look forward to the deal Goldi has, there's no real reason to put in the years she has anymore.

At this point Van, it's all about money. I could care less about FedEx anymore. I will do my job and clock out. That's it. I hate to see my coworkers working their ass off for less pay, more takeaways, struggling to do their best, and for what? To get yelled at, written up and belittled after they ran a route and did not make their numbers and more that I won't go into. Guess I'm just tired of it all. I see how some CEO'S of companies treatment toward their employers, Whole Foods for one, everything is about their employees. Remember how it use to be and now I see it for what it's worth.

Purplepackage

At this point Van, it's all about money. I could care less about FedEx anymore. I will do my job and clock out. That's it. I hate to see my coworkers working their ass off for less pay, more takeaways, struggling to do their best, and for what? To get yelled at, written up and belittled after they ran a route and did not make their numbers and more that I won't go into. Guess I'm just tired of it all. I see how some CEO'S of companies treatment toward their employers, Whole Foods for one, everything is about their employees. Remember how it use to be and now I see it for what it's worth.

I don't know they can yell and bitch all they want but you can't get fired for your numbers or gaps. They try to make you think that but the bottom line is unless your missing PODs or signing the power pad for DSRs let them bitch and complain and just let it roll right off

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

That's why I make it a point to educate as many newbies or not so newbies as I can. My little bit of payback. I don't worry about numbers. I feel no guilt about calling out sick, etc. it's all about me and mine now when it comes to Fedex.

l22

I don't know they can yell and bitch all they want but you can't get fired for your numbers or gaps. They try to make you think that but the bottom line is unless your missing PODs or signing the power pad for DSRs let them bitch and complain and just let it roll right off

If I am presented with a bad gap report/questioned about on-road performance, or told I need to go faster, I make sure I slow down to a noticeable degree and have a late here and there just for the sake of it. These people really don't care about us. They use us up and spit us out and then smile and giggle about it - if we get in an accident and/or injure ourselves they'll blame us and only us.... If you get a life-changing injury doing the job, they will just find someone else to do the job in your place - you are a number. Any manager with human dignity intact would try and understand the reality that no 2 days are the same and you can get into a delay for a variety of reasons (all of which can be explained and need to be). A good manager will understand this and not make empty threats, like "3 olccs and it's a warning letter!" Unfortunately, there are not many good managers out there. Slow down everyone and please be safe (for your own sake).

Last edited:

Purplepackage

If I am presented with a bad gap report/questioned about on-road performance, or told I need to go faster, I make sure I slow down to a noticeable degree and have a late here and there just for the sake of it. These people really don't care about us. They use us up and spit us out and then smile and giggle about it - if we get in an accident and/or injure ourselves they'll blame us and only us.... If you get a life-changing injury doing the job, they will just find someone else to do the job in your place - you are a number. Any manager with human dignity intact would try and understand the reality that no 2 days are the same and you can get into a delay for a variety of reasons (all of which can be explained and need to be). A good manager will understand this and not make empty threats, like "3 olccs and it's a warning letter!" Unfortunately, there are not many good managers out there. Slow down everyone and please be safe (for your own sake).

Its good to have occasional lates and it's also good to never make your numbers look fantastic, because once you do they assume you're going to do that all the time and get mad when you don't

You should file a grievance.