I'm supporting the shutdown!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why should congress get an exception from the bill they had to shove through? I'm with Hoffa. Support the shutdown. Harry Reid, make a deal.

Ouch

Its not going to change anything. These people are untouchable. They could care less. Until people stick together and vote the idiots out, we will continue to receive less and less representation.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Yeah, OSHA investigations being shut down unless there clear-and-present danger of immediate loss of human life is a great thing. Single moms trying to apply for food stamps/SNAP benefits being denied because the government won't take new applications will really drive the point home.

I don't think Hoffa supported the shut-down, Hoffa (and other labor leaders) wanted tax subsidies for Taft-Hartley plans under Obamacare.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
“I’m outraged that radical GOP lawmakers want to impose their agenda instead of ensuring hardworking Americans can provide for their families,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. “Many people are still struggling to find work amid a weak economy, yet House Republicans are employing the ‘slash and burn’ strategy. They lost and Obamacare is about to become the law of the land. So now they want to burn the house down because they didn’t get their way. Well, that’s not how democracy works.”

Teamsters: House GOP's Political Games Endanger Economy, Jobs | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

preload1

“I’m outraged that radical GOP lawmakers want to impose their agenda instead of ensuring hardworking Americans can provide for their families,” said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa. “Many people are still struggling to find work amid a weak economy, yet House Republicans are employing the ‘slash and burn’ strategy. They lost and Obamacare is about to become the law of the land. So now they want to burn the house down because they didn’t get their way. Well, that’s not how democracy works.”

Teamsters: House GOP's Political Games Endanger Economy, Jobs | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
You and Bargaining Unit Members (BUMS) who think like you are one of the problems here. Your union leaders told you to vote for this communist for president. And by the way...we live in a Constitutional Republic. A democracy is two wolves and a sheep trying to decide what to have for lunch. You need to get a grip on what's happening TO America because of this no good obama.

WESLA

It is what it is
You and Bargaining Unit Members (BUMS) who think like you are one of the problems here. Your union leaders told you to vote for this communist for president. And by the way...we live in a Constitutional Republic. A democracy is two wolves and a sheep trying to decide what to have for lunch. You need to get a grip on what's happening TO America because of this no good obama.

Now there is no need in name calling. Cough cough scab, I mean preload1. Yes our leaders pushed to vote for Obama, it's neither their fault, nor ours, that the president didn't hold up his end of the deal for the teamsters.

Logb17

Now there is no need in name calling. Cough cough scab, I mean preload1. Yes our leaders pushed to vote for Obama, it's neither their fault, nor ours, that the president didn't hold up his end of the deal for the teamsters.

Lol, so he is a scab because his opinion of Hoffa and the President differs from yours. Let me guess following the federal government blindly is patriotism as well.

There should be no "deals" for the teamsters. The teamsters are just as much a special interest group as a big bank. Isn't Obama trying to exempt unions as well from Obamacare anyways. Obamacare really is a train wreck and so is Obama. I'm neither a republican or democrat, I just have my eyes open and see things for how they are.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

If you think Obamacare is communism, then you've got serious issues and should probably get in the habit of cracking open a book every once in a while.

And if you think I'm a diehard Obama supporter, then you don't know a ***damn thing about me. I was simply correcting an earlier post that stated that the IBT was supporting the government shut-down, which is completely false.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm actually glad both sides are holding the line. About time someone stood up for what they believe in. What I don't agree with is both sides name calling and blaming the other. Something has to be done about our debt. We have kicked the can down the road long enough. If people think this is bad wait for the debt ceiling.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm actually glad both sides are holding the line. About time someone stood up for what they believe in. What I don't agree with is both sides name calling and blaming the other. Something has to be done about our debt. We have kicked the can down the road long enough. If people think this is bad wait for the debt ceiling.

One of the best ways to address the debt is to stop blowing up brown people in the desert. That **** is getting really expensive, even more so than corporate welfare programs.

WESLA

It is what it is
Lol, so he is a scab because his opinion of Hoffa and the President differs from yours. Let me guess following the federal government blindly is patriotism as well.

There should be no "deals" for the teamsters. The teamsters are just as much a special interest group as a big bank. Isn't Obama trying to exempt unions as well from Obamacare anyways. Obamacare really is a train wreck and so is Obama. I'm neither a republican or democrat, I just have my eyes open and see things for how they are.

No. Since he was so direct in his abbreviation of BUMS, I just assumed he was not in the union, and still reaping the benefits. Which in turn, is my definition of a scab.
Plus I never said I was a supporter of Obama nor his healthcare law.

WESLA

It is what it is

Or perhaps he is management, and is upset how ups is screwing them, and maybe that's why he was so derogatory towards a bargaining unit employee in his original post. But once again that's just an assumption.
And just so you don't think I'm bashing management, I think it's terrible how ups treats management and especially what they are doing to their benefits.