I'm supposed to have my 5 seeing habits and 5 point memorized by thursday, and I'm freaking out!

I hear a lot of people say that class is meant to put you on edge and apply lots of pressure, but it seems like me getting an entire page word for word is a bit much. I only got the packet to study maybe 2 days before class started, I worked in preload before so a lot of the learning went a bit easier as I knew the basics. But it seems if I don't have all this memorized I cant be a driver? I've tried reciting them, I made a quizlet and I JUST started writing them down, but I'm still having trouble letting it stick. Does anyone have recommendations to memorize them?

myback

Write it , read it and verbalize it repeatedly. They can hang u if you can’t recite it verbatim. Know it in your sleep, follow Orion to the letter and u are untouchable.

myback

If u are instructed to do anything different, have them put it in writing with a shop steward as a witness. I’ll show them a hard ass.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
All .......A is for aim high in steering

Good...G is for get the big picture

Kids.....K is for keep your eyes moving

Love ...L is for leave your self an out

Milk.....M is make sure they see you

5 seeing habits.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm doing it with the future wife, she's thinking of joining after seeing the pay rates...Guess I can help her get an early start!
My best advise would be to let her become the UPS driver and you get a cushy government job because you panic too easily.

chicken alfredo

All these rooks make it out to be so much harder than it actually is . I can’t even imagine them trying to drive when we had stick shifts and Thomas Guides smh

Not only do you need to memorize them bit more importantly you need to use them.

Using them is VERY easy for, its just the exact wording. For example, the baseball/dartboard thing never made ANY sense to me, until I watched a video and they had a 3d render of it up for 2 seconds to give an example. The concepts are second nature tbh, this isn't my first job in a truck, its just the exact wording of it I struggle with.

But in good news I've memorized the five points since posting this, the big hurdle for me now is the 10 point commentary.

Using them is VERY easy for, its just the exact wording. For example, the baseball/dartboard thing never made ANY sense to me, until I watched a video and they had a 3d render of it up for 2 seconds to give an example. The concepts are second nature tbh, this isn't my first job in a truck, its just the exact wording of it I struggle with.

But in good news I've memorized the five points since posting this, the big hurdle for me now is the 10 point commentary.
The five keys are hard than learning the 10 point
1 in stopped in traffic keep one car length ahead of you
2 2 ways to look. Left right left

3 count 1,2,3, before start up

Ackerlin

When you call out with the Hershey squirts, and they hit you with the short handed as it is guilt trip, hit em with #4's key phrase. Be prepared, expect the unexpected. Also 10 point commentary doesn't have to be word for word, just remember the key idea of it and use your own words to describe it. Ex: 7. "Stale green light, when you haven't seen the light change to green, make a point of decision for smooth stops and turns." But the 5 seeing habits, they want word for word.