I'm supposed to say something good about UPS in Stuart Florida.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was told today that my posts on here are still being monitored. During the conversation it was brought to my attention that a lot of people on here talk bad about UPS. I was "asked" to see if I could find something positive to say about the UPS, where I work. Down here in sunny South Florida.

I will now try to find some sort of positive/nice thing to say about my UPS.

My Manager is a nice dresser.
My On-Road Supe does a fantastic job..........in the Air Force Reserve.
My Dispatch Supe is a great listener.
The Preload Supe has great patience (She had to deal with me)
Most of the Drivers get along very well with each other, as do the other shifts.

That's all for now, but can any of you find something good to say about your UPS?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They will fire you if your wife is in the hospital with a brain tumor and you take too much time off.UPS as a whole blows.
You know, there are plenty of rant threads in this forum. This is supposed to be a thread where people give props to UPS.

Don't make me throw a box in your truck and make you start freaking out, lightweight.:surprised:

over9five

Staff member
Steve, obviously your management team doesn't have enough to do. Sounds to me like some downsizing could be done there seeing they have sooooooo much time doing nothing, that they are able to monitor what you do on your own time.

I hope they realize how pathetic they sound.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We actually have a pretty good management team right now. They get us doughnuts every Friday.:happy-very: (Gonna miss them this week.)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my Center, I get to meet a lot of new people. I got a new OnCar Supervisor today, the third or fourth one this year. I lose count after a while.

DS

Fenderbender
Steve,if your posts are being monitored,then they are also reading what everyone else has to say.The only problem is that the ones monitoring it are box monkeys just like us,and other that being able to apply discipline like they did when you got a week off without pay,they have no control over what is really wrong with OUR company.
To be honest,there are tons of good qualities ups has that we take for granted,but they are dwindling fast as they delve further into micromanaging.UPS was once a great company,and they demanded a lot from every member of the team,and it's obvious that the bottom line has devolved from the customer service based company we used to be,into a greedy corporate monster.I'd personally love to see a new CEO that would take us back to what we were meant to be,the ups that Jim Casey started.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
For the life of me I cannot comprehend why the company would choose to "monitor" an Internet forum that is used by (mostly) anonymous employees on their own time.

Sounds like some people in management over there dont have enough to do....

rod

Retired 22 years
Are you sure management is wasting their time monitoring this? I'll bet its one of a half dozen suck ups (you know how you are) that go running to their managemet teams the next morning saying - "Did you see what so and so posted last night on the BC".:wink2:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Who cares if they are monitoring it or if someone snitches. What are they gonna do fire you for bad mouthing their incompitence on the internet?

Oh I almost forgot the good part, umm...

I get six weeks vacation!!!!