I'm worried that I missed a package

Makave22

So it's my first time driving peak, and I missed a residential package. Will I be in serious trouble tomorrow morning? The area doesn't allows deliveries after 4:30. But I'm not sure if that is a good enough reason?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just be honest about it. I've been tempted to NI1 businesses I didn't see on the 8000 shelf until after 5 or for a not found that turns up way too late but I'd rather roll the dice on maybe getting chewed out after pcm than fired for dishonesty.

PeasAndCarrots

I started driving back in august so I haven't had much experience at all in the grand scheme but I have missed a few packages since I started. Mainly in my few weeks or so of driving. All they did was talk to me about it and that was it. Management knows that this job is unlike many others so adjustment periods for missed and lates are a must.

I've found what helps me is to scroll down my board around 2pm to make sure I know exactly what businesses/savers I have left. Then again around 4pm. You should always be looking ahead in your board but getting into the habit of checking what I have left a couple times a day has helped me out a lot. Best of luck to you and don't sweat it.

Indecisi0n

It is missed if no delivery attempt was made.

Is it legal for a residential subdivision to prohibit commercial delivery vehicles after 4:30 pm? What would be the consequences of ignoring that "law"?

The way I read the first post he got there at 4:30pm but they weren't taking deliveries? If that's the case it's not missed.

JL 0513

What kind of area doesn't allow deliveries after 4:30? The day is just getting started.

Residential? If so, it's their problem if they never get their packages as far as I'm concerned.

I assume this is some type of gated community? Even if they want to have a cutoff time, 4:30 is ridiculous. They want to live by those rules, they can drive to the center each time they have a package.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No delivery attempt = missed.

Why? Say its a gated community gates close at 4:30 stupid but lets assume here. If its 4:45 I likely sheet as NR1. This would be managements call but resi don't have a commit so should never be missed unless left at center or on the wrong truck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why? Say its a gated community gates close at 4:30 stupid but lets assume here. If its 4:45 I likely sheet as NR1. This would be managements call but resi don't have a commit so should never be missed unless left at center or on the wrong truck.

It wouldn't be NR1----I'm not sure how you would sheet it as other than missed. Will call?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It wouldn't be NR1----I'm not sure how you would sheet it as other than missed. Will call?

Like I said that's managements call but we can't let residentials dictat delivery time. Otherwise every Tom dick and Harry will have a sign on their door saying no deliveries after 5.