Image Hosting...

BrownArmy

Lulz.

I've posted my images here on the BC for several years, using Photobucket.

Photobucket sends me an e-mail: they've detected that I've used '3rd Party Hosting', meaning I'm 'hot-linking' my PB pixs to BC.

Now they want to charge me $399.00 per year for the service.

AS IF.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Different free services out there?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What does that even mean? They give you a unique link for each picture for the sole purpose of embedding it. Is their issue with the fact that you're using this site to do it on? Or is this something new?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lulz.

Photobucket sends me an e-mail: they've detected that I've used '3rd Party Hosting', meaning I'm 'hot-linking' my PB pixs to BC.

AS IF.

Sounds about right

oldngray

nowhere special
Lulz.

AS IF.

I saw in the news last week Photobucket was going to do that and everyone's reaction was they would just go somewhere else.

I almost never use it so doesn't bother me anyway.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lulz.

AS IF.

imgur

oldngray

nowhere special
Just got this email today. Think I will just delete the account as I haven't used it in a couple years.

Sounds like some bean counter had a bright idea. Image hosting is the primary reason for their existence. This will be a self imposed death sentence. I have an account I haven't used in years so won't miss it.

over9five

Staff member
Sounds like some bean counter had a bright idea. Image hosting is the primary reason for their existence. This will be a self imposed death sentence. I have an account I haven't used in years so won't miss it.
Me too. Buh bye, Photobucket. Just deleted, but they give you till tomorrow to restore it if you change your mind.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
upload.png