Imagine my Amazon Prime shock

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I ordered a new microwave oven on Amazon yesterday, and went to track it just now and it shall be delivered tomorrow.

Via USPS

WTF

rod

Retired 22 years
I ordered a new microwave oven on Amazon yesterday, and went to track it just now and it shall be delivered tomorrow.

Via USPS

WTF

I hate to burst UPS's bubble but I've always had good luck with stuff sent via USPS--------------also by Fedex Ground. To tell the truth UPS very seldom delivers anything to me anymore and I order lots of stuff.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I hate to burst UPS's bubble but I've always had good luck with stuff sent via USPS--------------also by Fedex Ground. To tell the truth UPS very seldom delivers anything to me anymore and I order lots of stuff.
99% of my X-mas stuff came UPS via Amazon Prime

fedex_rtd

Amazon has distribution centers set up all across the country in most major cities, USPS can deliver them almost overnight like a letter sent from one side of town to the other side of town.

rod

Retired 22 years
Amazon has distribution centers set up all across the country in most major cities, USPS can deliver them almost overnight like a letter sent from one side of town to the other side of town.

If you send a letter from one side of my town to the other it goes 100+ miles to Minneapolis first to be sorted--then back another 100+ miles to be delivered----just like the way UPS operates. The only difference is that the USPS usually takes up to 3 days to do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Post Office closed down their processing center in town so a letter going across town that used to be delivered the next day now takes 3 days.

It will be fine

The Post Office closed down their processing center in town so a letter going across town that used to be delivered the next day now takes 3 days.
In the major metro areas Amazon brings their freight straight to the local post office that will deliver it. They don't use the usps sort beyond the last mile. They do what we do with smart/sure post. The more centers Amazon puts up the more they cut us out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the major metro areas Amazon brings their freight straight to the local post office that will deliver it. They don't use the usps sort beyond the last mile. They do what we do with smart/sure post. The more centers Amazon puts up the more they cut us out.

There is another reason Amazon is trying to build a DC (distribution center) in as many states as possible. There will be an Internet sales tax within the next 5 years and Amazon knows that the tax will not apply to retail stores that have a brick and mortar presence.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is another reason Amazon is trying to build a DC (distribution center) in as many states as possible. There will be an Internet sales tax within the next 5 years and Amazon knows that the tax will not apply to retail stores that have a brick and mortar presence.

Not really. Now you are only supposed to get charged a state sales tax if the company has a brick and mortar presence in that state so it would be a move for more local distribution centers and not about taxes. That would not apply to the few states without state sales taxes though.