IMMEDIATE Ban on ALL gps/map/onroad tracking of packages.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
This is a call to IMMEDIATELY stop citizens from tracking packages using any type of gps/map/on road system.

In todays Hyper delivery market, this is a security and safety risk.

Scuderia

No i don’t care they can have the truck, I’ll even show them how to turn it on. These are gonna be used as bargaining chips by the company, and the union will give up something big in exchange.

It’s annoying when idiots walk up to us, and if they want to jack you give up the keys, and take an Uber back. Oh tell them to empty it out quick or else management will make you go back out there at 10 PM to finish delivering.

I would guess that anyone looking to rob a UPS driver is much more likely to just drive around for a few minutes and find one than they are to look online to locate the vehicle with their package on it.

Maybe the package cars should be painted a camouflage scheme so they're harder for criminals to see.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

There’s a guy that watches me all day from his work and no matter the time of day when I get there he shows up right when I pull up to the house to grab his boxes. It’s creepy. I hate that they give away our location to people. Great way to set up an ambush or for a lunatic who’s convinced you’re banging his wife to get you to come to the house. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There’s a guy that watches me all day from his work and no matter the time of day when I get there he shows up right when I pull up to the house to grab his boxes. It’s creepy. I hate that they give away our location to people. Great way to set up an ambush or for a lunatic who’s convinced you’re banging his wife to get you to come to the house. Maybe I’m just paranoid.

Being paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, if someone is gonna rob you, it won't matter too much if there's a tracking tool or not. On the other hand, why make it easier? We drive around with $1000's in merchandise, the main reason we don't get mugged more often is most of the stuff we haul would be too hard to convert to any meaningful amount of money. Just not worth it to the average criminal.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is a call to IMMEDIATELY stop citizens from tracking packages using any type of gps/map/on road system.

In todays Hyper delivery market, this is a security and safety risk.
I have been saying this for years. It puts the driver at risk for sure