In 1997 I quit UPS with over 150,000 of my co-workers mainly for part-timers

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
We went on strike mainly for 10,000 part-time jobs that would be created to full time jobs. We also protected our pension. I believe that contract was for 4-years(1997-2001). It got me to thinking. I know of no UPS part-timer in my center from 1997-2001 that today is a full-time driver. They all quit and moved on.

I've been reading here almost daily at the Cafe from newbies who claim they failed Stalingrad. Do you see a huge trend in kids today not making the cut too?

I guess what I'm getting at is; I put my livelihood on the line in 1997 for the lower ranks. They're all pretty much gone and now flash forward to 2018 and we're all going to quit UPS again for newer Hybrid employees that will only make $34 an hour over the life of the contract?

I'm with you fellers tho'.

Happy Hump Day! Ol' Fitty has a No OT Day!

bbsam

Staff member
We went on strike mainly for 10,000 part-time jobs that would be created to full time jobs. We also protected our pension. I believe that contract was for 4-years(1997-2001). It got me to thinking. I know of no UPS part-timer in my center from 1997-2001 that today is a full-time driver. They all quit and moved on.

I've been reading here almost daily at the Cafe from newbies who claim they failed Stalingrad. Do you see a huge trend in kids today not making the cut too?

I guess what I'm getting at is; I put my livelihood on the line in 1997 for the lower ranks. They're all pretty much gone and now flash forward to 2018 and we're all going to quit UPS again for newer Hybrid employees that will only make $34 an hour over the life of the contract?

Quit UPS in ‘97 and still voting on contracts in 2018?

I think you are being overly dramatic. I quit/was fired in ‘96 and have not seen a ballot in decades.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I made the cut in that time frame I was part time in 97 went driving before that contract expired.
I just hope my co-workers really understand what quitting UPS is like.

Do you know anyone that got a DUI and went through it? Maybe they cheated and got a divorce and that guilt consumes them? Maybe they told that bully OJS to friend. O. or shoved them and got temporarily fired? Does anybody remember that exact moment? Think about it... maybe your darkest hour.

THAT is what's coming when you get that call from your BA or Steward that says we are all on Strike.

I'm telling the troops here that John Wayne is dead. It sucks, I know... they need to use their brain!

Stormy Daniels is right. " A storms a cumin'"

Also, those 2-3 real close buddies at UPS you respect is going to bring you your wake up call when they cross and you are picketing mainly for THEM!

Here's a thought.... instead of always thinking what's wrong and crappy about UPS. How about we all focus on some of the good things? Anybody worked during a Super Bowl? Memorial Day Weekend, Summer Vacation, Labor Day Weekend.

Ever rode a Harley, Wave Runner, ATV, Snow Cat that YOU purchased from your hard work on a REQUEST DAY OFF day?

KOG, you got some whiskers.... you're going to jeopardize that for 'Shelly' that started in February? Think about it...

badpal

Quit UPS in ‘97 and still voting on contracts in 2018?

I think you are being overly dramatic. I quit/was fired in ‘96 and have not seen a ballot in decades.
Call the local, they will set you up. As long at you pay the 22 years of back dues.

PT Car Washer

We have dozens of FT employees, both drivers and Art 22.3, in my building still working from that time period. Surprised because most took the job so they could combine their PT and FT years and retire early at a higher pension. Only a very few have moved on.

El Correcto

god is dead

Do you know anyone that got a DUI and went through it? Maybe they cheated and got a divorce and that guilt consumes them? Maybe they told that bully OJS to friend. O. or shoved them and got temporarily fired? Does anybody remember that exact moment? Think about it... maybe your darkest hour.

THAT is what's coming when you get that call from your BA or Steward that says we are all on Strike.

I'm telling the troops here that John Wayne is dead. It sucks, I know... they need to use their brain!

Also, those 2-3 real close buddies at UPS you respect is going to bring you your wake up call when they cross and you are picketing mainly for THEM!

Here's a thought.... instead of always thinking what's wrong and crappy about UPS. How about we all focus on some of the good things? Anybody worked during a Super Bowl? Memorial Day Weekend, Summer Vacation, Labor Day Weekend.

Ever rode a Harley, Wave Runner, ATV, Snow Cat that YOU purchased from your hard work on a REQUEST DAY OFF day?

KOG, you got some whiskers.... you're going to jeopardize that for 'Shelly' that started in February? Think about it...
We didn’t even earn enough in raises for drivers to compensate for inflation. We are losing buying power.

Part timer wages will increase anyways to 15, its a growing trend and this company cannot keep them. I mean ya make more at Panda Express these days. A real victory would of been getting them health insurance sooner than a year.

Hybrid drivers spell trouble for the us full timers and the future generations. Company will abuse this even if a ratio is set.

This contract so far has been a big nothing sandwich for all current employees, I don’t get why you are pushing it so hard on here, are they increasing your pension funding to ensure you sell put the younger generations before you sail off like a true boomer?

Box Ox

What’s wrong with you guys? 14% reduction in taxes. Year after year. Let that sink in before you bend over.

Think it’s a problem that appears worse than it is as the Company is clearly sending trolls to appeal to at least a chunk of BC’s 51,000 members. It’s free, easy and totally worth their time. Active BCers are probably more likely to vote on the Contract, so it’s an especially attractive target for propaganda.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

thank you dave

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

22.4 drivers will be working all of those holiday weekends.