In a blow to Sean O'Brien, angry BLET - Teamsters voted-out Dennis Pierce as President!!!

Hofficer Hater

Dennis Pierce, president of the BLET since 2010, saw the handwriting on the wall—he lost the vote 52%-47% (4,331-3,822).

UncleRico

his union members asked for provisions for sick days to be implemented for the last 10 yrs+, he didnt deliver what his union brothers paid him to accomplish...

Commercial Inside Release

see how that stacks up?
You probably need new material. Yes, every workplace was a sweatshop back in the 80s/90s/2000s... But now days and for some time, businesses agree to close on holidays, minimum wages for areas often compete with UPS, and TONS of people are (barely) working from home while making bank.

If you could make 2/3rds to 3/4ths what you made at UPS, without starting your car, or even getting out of your pajamas and actually participating in your household... Wouldn't you?

Thebrownblob

You probably need new material. Yes, every workplace was a sweatshop back in the 80s/90s/2000s... But now days and for some time, businesses agree to close on holidays, minimum wages for areas often compete with UPS, and TONS of people are (barely) working from home while making bank.

If you could make 2/3rds to 3/4ths what you made at UPS, without starting your car, or even getting out of your pajamas and actually participating in your household... Wouldn't you?
I don’t need new material. I have an actual contract.

I’ve always participated in my household lol the job and contract also allowed me to be the sole breadwinner🤷‍♂️

And no, I would not want to have a job where I work from home. Home is where I do home stuff.

And I think I said I would be fine with sick days, although I don’t know if I would ever need them so I think our negotiation capital should be used elsewhere personally. If you disagree with that, I hope you participated in contract contract, negotiation, proposals.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I guess that would be fine. I really don’t get sick that often. I do, however have seven weeks of vacation, two personal days and a large number of paid holidays. Ask around to people you know and see how that stacks up?
Gotta love it as a cover driver...

All the customers, "Is Joe on vacation again???" "How much time does he get off???" "He's gone more than he's here!"

And I just kind of play dumb on the actual number of weeks they get off. "Yeah, you get a good amount of time off when you've been here as long as he has."

Thebrownblob

Gotta love it as a cover driver...

All the customers, "Is Joe on vacation again???" "How much time does he get off???" "He's gone more than he's here!"

And I just kind of play dumb on the actual number of weeks they get off. "Yeah, you get a good amount of time off when you've been here as long as he has."
Outside of a government job, if you mention to people you know how many weeks you get they flip out even if they’ve been at the job as long as you have 😂. No job is perfect and I’m always up for a better contract, but pretending we don’t have anything is ridiculous.

GenericUsername

We call them option weeks. You can break them apart. Sounds good in theory, but it doesn’t work very well.
I mean, it honestly does work well if you ask me. It's not the greatest system, but it's better than nothing. I'd rather have that 3rd week broken into 5 days to take at-will rather than have a 3rd week of vacation. I'll get another week soon enough to take in addition to that option week. It also makes me feel really good when I walk in and see that my route is cut and they think they're going to put me on the worst route possible where they refuse to let me bump off onto another route. In those cases, I wait until 2 minutes before start time with a steward present and option 3 outta there. Peace!

Thebrownblob

I mean, it honestly does work well if you ask me. It's not the greatest system, but it's better than nothing. I'd rather have that 3rd week broken into 5 days to take at-will rather than have a 3rd week of vacation. I'll get another week soon enough to take in addition to that option week. It also makes me feel really good when I walk in and see that my route is cut and they think they're going to put me on the worst route possible where they refuse to let me bump off onto another route. In those cases, I wait until 2 minutes before start time with a steward present and option 3 outta there. Peace!
Well, what I mean was it doesn’t work the way they made it sound. You can put in for it, but they can deny it for any reason kind of defeats the purpose.

GenericUsername

Well, what I mean was it doesn’t work the way they made it sound. You can put in for it, but they can deny it for any reason kind of defeats the purpose.
You don't put in for it... Just call out and option 3. If they say the classic "but we're short staffed and need you!" line then tough luck. They'll figure it out.