In response to the thread on UPS extra pick up fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDB

The same box that would have cost me $28.53 was $8.30 USPS and will arrive the same day - tomorrow. Same service 71 percent less cost.

And free insurance and free pick up with USPS. And yes I know USPS may have a delayed shipment or even lose a parcel compared to UPS, I can handle that with insurance and the savings USPS is giving me.

I see UPS lost 1 billion dollars in revenue when Amazon dumped them due to their higher rates and not meeting deadlines. One of my suppliers offers the option of USPS vs. UPS as it's usually cheaper.

And for those of you that said your pensions and wages were safe:

http://labornotes.org/2015/12/teamster-retirees-demand-trustees-stop-rush-slash-pensions-half

And no I'm not trolling. Just responding to the snarky posts from another thread. I still think you are hard working people as I have friends that are drivers and a UPS retired brother-in-law. Of course some of you here have the maturity of a 5th grader. LOL

Cheers! Best of luck with UPS's future.

Holydriver

The same box that would have cost me $28.53 was $8.30 USPS and will arrive the same day - tomorrow. Same service 71 percent less cost.

And free insurance and free pick up with USPS. And yes I know USPS may have a delayed shipment or even lose a parcel compared to UPS, I can handle that with insurance and the savings USPS is giving me.

I see UPS lost 1 billion dollars in revenue when Amazon dumped them due to their higher rates and not meeting deadlines. One of my suppliers offers the option of USPS vs. UPS as it's usually cheaper.

And for those of you that said your pensions and wages were safe:

http://labornotes.org/2015/12/teamster-retirees-demand-trustees-stop-rush-slash-pensions-half

And no I'm not trolling. Just responding to the snarky posts from another thread. I still think you are hard working people as I have friends that are drivers and a UPS retired brother-in-law. Of course some of you here have the maturity of a 5th grader. LOL

Cheers! Best of luck with UPS's future.
Yea? Well USPS doesn't give you the satisfaction of opening up a smashed and damaged box with foot prints on it, so take that!

upschuck

Hi @CDB, welcome to BC, how may I help you. Please be precise in your question, and I will be happy to respond in an appropriate manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.