In the ghetto...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is why I don't go into most apartment buildings on my route and while I'll probably bid off this route within a year.

Yes those are 4 bullet holes.

Attachments

• 1434507110429.jpg
    1434507110429.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 672

trickpony1

I guess you know a certain member of BrownCafe may post accusing you of being racist, elitist and an oppressor of human rights.

Wait for it......

box_beeyotch

That's nothing man. Ive walked into section 8 apartments out here before and seen everything from used needles, used condoms, hookers hanging out looking for the money, to dope dealers with visible firearms on their waist. I kind of just stopped paying attention.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That's nothing man. Ive walked into section 8 apartments out here before and seen everything from used needles, used condoms, hookers hanging out looking for the money, to dope dealers with visible firearms on their waist. I kind of just stopped paying attention.
I see all of the above on a regular basis too and like you, I'm blind to it. I today snapped that picture after walking by it and realizing I tuned it out as normal when it's really not supposed to be normal. People are getting shot all around me on a regular basis. 5 shootings in the last 2 weeks on my route just that I'm aware of, one 5 minutes before I got there.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

I see all of the above on a regular basis too and like you, I'm blind to it. I today snapped that picture after walking by it and realizing I tuned it out as normal when it's really not supposed to be normal. People are getting shot all around me on a regular basis. 5 shootings in the last 2 weeks on my route just that I'm aware of, one 5 minutes before I got there.

The sad part is it is normal, atleast to me. The city Im from is not the best area and this is all stuff I grew up around. It's pretty bad when the junkies wander around and even stop the ups man to ask for dope.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We had some old section 8 house quads get condemned not too long ago in my home town. My dad is a retired copper and he has the best stories about marching into those buildings and coming out bloody while dragging whoever they were looking for along back to the squad car.

They were purchased a year or so ago by a developer and are now no longer section 8 housing. They are being billed as "affordable luxury" condos.

Only problem is that they are surrounded on all four sides by other section 8 complexes.

Good luck with that.

Today, I actually saw, I really did, an empty beer bottle on the side of the road that someone had thrown out of their car window. Seriously, I do not lie.
This is why I love delivering to affluent suburbia.:P Nothing ever happens there, and that's the way I like it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Today, I actually saw, I really did, an empty beer bottle on the side of the road that someone had thrown out of their car window. Seriously, I do not lie.
This is why I love delivering to affluent suburbia.:P Nothing ever happens there, and that's the way I like it.
That's optimistic. Bad things do happen in affluent suburbia. Fyi

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Should have stayed being a cop. At least you are armed.