In Transit - Rescheduled (Question)

Variant

Hello. I just had a quick question, here's the run down.

Here's the tracking number I was given by newegg.com for UPS: 1ZW098R41232114265

I ordered something from newegg.com, and all seemed fine. It is coming from CA and I live in NYC.

Yesterday it showed that it was being shipped from CA (Departure Scan), and was supposed to make a stop in PA from what the newegg tracking info told me. However earlier today I checked the tracking info on the UPS site for any updates, and it seems to have been rescheduled. The newegg tracking now tells me:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. If you need immediate attention, please contact the shipping courier directly."

Any ideas what the cause of this problem would be?
I did pay the shipping fee for 3 day shipping, and the item was ordered & shipped on 02/17/2009. However, the new rescheduled shipping date is now 02/23/2009. I was looking forward to receiving the item before the weekend came.
Will I really have to wait that long?

Thanks for any info possible.
-Dan

A loader probably misloaded the pkg onto the wrong trailer or it failed to get on the trailer before the sort was over hence it being a service failure and having the delivery rescheduled. Hope that helps.

8up

it may have diverted due to weather or a mechanical. it should still be on time id del'd on the 20th.
good luck with it.

vin

I don't have access to any more information than you do, this is just based on the tracking number you gave and the info on the ups.com site. I don't know for sure what happened but I can offer an educated guess based on my personal experience and knowledge of how the UPS system works.

My best guess is that your package was accidentally missorted/misloaded to the wrong destination somewhere along the way. There is an air hub in Ontario, CA and another one in Philly, PA; thats my guess of where it SHOULD have gone.

Unfortunately, it no longer shows any info concerning PA at all, which is why I said I think it was misloaded. (supposed to go to one destination but accidentally sent to another; It also looks like there was a mistoggle - in this case where it was scanned into the correct load but somehow ended up in another.)

I don't think it should have gone to San Jose at all, and once it showed up there they must have deleted the scan for PA and replaced it with the correct one. This would also explain why the delivery date has been rescheduled.

I have no idea why it is showing as having gone to IL. I think it should have been upgraded to 2nd Day (so it could still make it on time) once it was discoved in San Jose and then either gone to our main air hub in KY or the one in Philly.

After you actaully get the package, contact Newegg and have them file a claim with UPS for a service failure. My experience with their customer service has always been excellent and they should refund your shipping charges. Other than that, I don't know what to say. It looks like we dropped the ball on this one.:dissapointed: I hope that I was able to be helpful on this, and i also hope that you will continue to use UPS in the future.

[FONT=&quot]LINTHICUM,
MD, US 02/19/2009 6:03 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN ROCKFORD,

Looks to me like it has a better than even chance to get to you on time.
[/FONT]

Variant

Thank you very much for replying.

It seems to be on the move again when I checked this morning, and the newegg tracking is up and running too. I was worried something might have happened to it, but if it was likely just a misload that would explain it well.

Thank you vin, that is a lot of very helpful info. I'm not too worried about a refund as long as I can get it before the weekend, so I'll be patient with it. I know with all the mail UPS gets things can happen. :happy2:

Like trp said, since it's now heading to Maryland that puts me more at ease at getting it on time.

Much thanks for the info everyone. I was interested in what kind of things could go wrong before I made any assumptions and contacted newegg.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Damn pre-loaders always screwing up. At PCM today our full-time sup said he had to drive a couple hundred miles yesterday because of misloads. He was being serious but we all laughed at him, do they really drive that much? I thought it was a lot less.

BrownSuit

Thank you very much for replying.

It seems to be on the move again when I checked this morning, and the newegg tracking is up and running too. I was worried something might have happened to it, but if it was likely just a misload that would explain it well.

Thank you vin, that is a lot of very helpful info. I'm not too worried about a refund as long as I can get it before the weekend, so I'll be patient with it. I know with all the mail UPS gets things can happen. :happy2:

Like trp said, since it's now heading to Maryland that puts me more at ease at getting it on time.

Much thanks for the info everyone. I was interested in what kind of things could go wrong before I made any assumptions and contacted newegg.

Variant -

Your Tracking number on UPS.com shows that the package is on-time and scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

IF there were any delays, including the service failures that were incorrectly cited above, they would be notated and you would see an exception reason.

If you notice on a map, at every instance the package came closer to you. At no time did it go further away from your area.

It is difficult without more information to say what happened when you tried to track the package earlier. It would be wrong to speculate.