In-Vehicle Camera Question

MassWineGuy

When the camera unit displays green lights, that means it’s monitoring for collisions? When a manager wants to observe you, does it remain green? When the lights are red is it uploading? Monitoring you? Is there a way to know when you’re being observed in real time?

When the camera unit displays green lights, that means it’s monitoring for collisions? When a manager wants to observe you, does it remain green? When the lights are red is it uploading? Monitoring you? Is there a way to know when you’re being observed in real time?
When it's red you did something to set it off.
Is for the rest of it I don't believe anything are telling us about it

SmithBarney

You aren't being observed in real time.

MassWineGuy

Every day at about 6 pm all the cameras I’ve seen turn red. Even if nothing happened.

I don’t believe what they say, either. I just hoped someone might know.

Buhryein

It is recording anytime it's on, it uploads recordings only after an incident is noted, or the panic button is pushed.

The incidents can be , speeding, cornering, impact, short stops, tailgating, distracted driving, obstruction of the camera view, and quick acceleration. (smoking, and no seat belt are in there too but not sure if active.) I think that's all of them might be more lol it's a lot. You can ask your manager to go over your score and review what you are getting dinged on.

You do see red lights when lowlights is active.

You aren't being observed in real time as your manager can't just login and watch you driving, however it is observing and recording all the time.

For example if you were looking at your phone or Leo on and off for 10mins your manager will have multiple alerts with clips for the duration of the 10min.

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

I’ve never been told anything about my driving. And it didn’t activate when my side mirror got clipped. My manager supposedly gets an email about any incident the camera picks up. She didn’t receive any.

Last edited:

El Morado Diablo

The incidents can be , speeding, cornering, impact, short stops, tailgating, distracted driving, obstruction of the camera view, and quick acceleration. (smoking, and no seat belt are in there too but not sure if active.) I think that's all of them might be more lol it's a lot. You can ask your manager to go over your score and review what you are getting dinged on.

Our manager has been reviewing and sharing everyone's score. One guy was dinged by the system believing he was smoking when in reality it was confused when the reflective strip on his jacket was lined up with his mouth in the camera's view.

I asked my manager not to bother me with the scores unless I've broken policy or been in an accident. I couldn't care less. If I haven't been in an accident I don't need to talk about it. It's not like they hand out BZ's for all the times I've avoided accidents over the years saving them thousands and thousands of $$$$.

I'd quit if I had to waste a single minute of my time looking at stills & videos of other people doing their job. Imagine having to review management sitting at their desks during the day..... ;)

It will be fine

Our manager has been reviewing and sharing everyone's score. One guy was dinged by the system believing he was smoking when in reality it was confused when the reflective strip on his jacket was lined up with his mouth in the camera's view.

I asked my manager not to bother me with the scores unless I've broken policy or been in an accident. I couldn't care less. If I haven't been in an accident I don't need to talk about it. It's not like they hand out BZ's for all the times I've avoided accidents over the years saving them thousands and thousands of $$$$.

I'd quit if I had to waste a single minute of my time looking at stills & videos of other people doing their job. Imagine having to review management sitting at their desks during the day..... ;)
I’ve had idiots try that argument with me when they’re caught texting and driving. They’ll say, “I didn’t get in an accident, so I was safe.” It’s amazingly stupid. The point of the coaching is to stop behaviors that increase the likelihood of accidents.

El Morado Diablo

I’ve had idiots try that argument with me when they’re caught texting and driving. They’ll say, “I didn’t get in an accident, so I was safe.” It’s amazingly stupid. The point of the coaching is to stop behaviors that increase the likelihood of accidents.

Treat me as an individual. If I'm not exhibiting those behaviors and have 25+years of safe driving I don't want you wasting my time over something minor.

MAKAVELI

Using devices while driving is one thing. But this system of AI is going a bit too far. Can't even take a sip of water without triggering the camera. It's :censored2:ing dumb.

MassWineGuy

Wow! I sip water often while driving. I place it so I can grab it without taking my eyes off the road. But I’m not aware of anyone ever hearing about what their camera saw.