In-Vehicle Express Cameras (On Topic/Information thread)

Star B

White Lightening
Let's keep this thread tight.

What is happening at your station in regards to the cameras that they are installing on the vehicles?

We got ours and the managers are getting pretty flustered because people won't sign because of all the millions of questions that the HR document leaves open.

falcon back

Let's keep this thread tight.

What is happening at your station in regards to the cameras that they are installing on the vehicles?

We got ours and the managers are getting pretty flustered because people won't sign because of all the millions of questions that the HR document leaves open.
Just do your job and you have nothing to worry about. No texting while driving being the main thing to stop.

MassWineGuy

My manager asked me to sign into the intranet and open a page with all kinds of stuff like seatbelts, texting, etc. I didn’t sign anything but she told me it was enough to just open it and look.

Later in the break room I found a sheet explaining the cameras.

I told my manager that I didn’t sign a thing and would contest it if it came to that. For me, the main concerns are where is the data, images stored, by whom and for how long?

fdxsux

We had to do a training module on it. If you go to the FLC and search NAUTO it should come up. Basically, if the camera thinks you’re doing something unsafe or if you’re in a wreck it uploads the video and sends it to your manager. Of course, it’s to “help you drive safely” not to discipline you. Lol

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
This cracks me up.
Actually, it's not that funny. You're going to go down the line of "Well, Facebook, twitter, here, etc." For the record, I don't do Facebook and I try to keep a low-ish profile on the internet.

Nauto is a company with it's HQ in Ireland. God forbid something happens with a breach, what is FedEx going to do for the people who were part of that breach? I mean, if it's a condition of our employment to allow them to store PII, it should be our right to take FedEx to the cleaners if Nauto :censored2:s up. I mean, "They comply with our InfoSec policy"..... the same policy that caused MEMH to get shut down and infected by a virus.

Plus, this isn't a password that can be changed, this is data that is based off of something that cannot be changed -- your image and your characteristics.

Don't think my hesitancy isn't without seeing their side of it. They want to protect their ass from frivolous lawsuits and people looking for a quick buck. They want to have actual hard data to :censored2: can people who are crashing because they aren't paying attention. I have NO ISSUES with an outward facing camera. I have issues with "AI" making arbitrary decisions on what's happening and whether or not to report it up. I have an issue with a non-us company having control over our private data. I have issues with an outside company basically making judgement calls on HR matters.

Or like they tell us about social media... the internet is forever and once it's out there, it's out there for good.

Last edited:

It will be fine

Actually, it's not that funny. You're going to go down the line of "Well, Facebook, twitter, here, etc." For the record, I don't do Facebook and I try to keep a low-ish profile on the internet.

Nauto is a company with it's HQ in Ireland. God forbid something happens with a breach, what is FedEx going to do for the people who were part of that breach? I mean, if it's a condition of our employment to allow them to store PII, it should be our right to take FedEx to the cleaners if Nauto :censored2:s up. I mean, "They comply with our InfoSec policy"..... the same policy that caused MEMH to get shut down and infected by a virus.

Plus, this isn't a password that can be changed, this is data that is based off of something that cannot be changed -- your image and your characteristics.

Don't think my hesitancy isn't without seeing their side of it. They want to protect their ass from frivolous lawsuits and people looking for a quick buck. They want to have actual hard data to :censored2: can people who are crashing because they aren't paying attention. I have NO ISSUES with an outward facing camera. I have issues with "AI" making arbitrary decisions on what's happening and whether or not to report it up. I have an issue with a non-us company having control over our private data. I have issues with an outside company basically making judgement calls on HR matters.

Or like they tell us about social media... the internet is forever and once it's out there, it's out there for good.
It’s not your private data while you’re working. It’s FedEx’s data to do with as they see fit.

falcon back

My manager asked me to sign into the intranet and open a page with all kinds of stuff like seatbelts, texting, etc. I didn’t sign anything but she told me it was enough to just open it and look.

Later in the break room I found a sheet explaining the cameras.

I told my manager that I didn’t sign a thing and would contest it if it came to that. For me, the main concerns are where is the data, images stored, by whom and for how long?
Another stressful day for you at work.

Lates

Passenger side visor covers them from facing you. Put it down on a sunny day and forget to ever put it back up. We’ve had them for months and no one at our station has had any issues from them and I doubt it’s cause everyone is doing everything perfectly. And I believe we don’t have a choice but to agree to the policy it isn’t an if you want to but a you will.

MAKAVELI

Passenger side visor covers them from facing you. Put it down on a sunny day and forget to ever put it back up. We’ve had them for months and no one at our station has had any issues from them and I doubt it’s cause everyone is doing everything perfectly. And I believe we don’t have a choice but to agree to the policy it isn’t an if you want to but a you will.
The sun is always shinning in California. Even at night.😆

Serf

The camera isn’t on 24/7. The mechanics told us this. Something to do about an aggressive driving move or breaking will start it up then in goes dormant after several minutes. Don’t know if I believe it.

Working4the1%

The camera isn’t on 24/7. The mechanics told us this. Something to do about an aggressive driving move or breaking will start it up then in goes dormant after several minutes. Don’t know if I believe it.
I know your views. You DONT BELIEVE IT