Inaccuracies in overall attendance record.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by snarts, Dec 31, 2017.

1. snarts

snarts Member

I asked for a copy of my attendance record and saw that I was marked late 5 times since September, days in which came in on time, including on a Saturday which is a optional day for me since I'm scheduled to work Mon-Fri. Also I was incorrectly fired for a week, it was overturned because I was originally given a notice of suspension for not following methods but they somehow went back on what they and my shop steward agreed upon and changed it to notice of discharge. Since I wasn't supposed to get discharge they changed it to a 5 day suspension on my record even though I've never been suspended before.

Any advice on how I should tackle this? Should I talk about it to my sup and make him correct this? I work in the preload and they are always looking to get rid of guys with senority and I feel they have enough ammunition if I don't get this fixed.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

What prompted you to ask for a copy of your attendance record?

3. snarts

snarts Member

I had a scheduled day off last week and I was marked down as a no call. If I didn't check upser and contacted my sup it would of stayed like that. I figured this could of been done before.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

To be blunt, it sounds like you are a problem child with a history of attendance issues and an inability to follow prescribed methods.

5. snarts

snarts Member

I haven't been late in the past 4 months which is why I'm taking issues with having 5 lates on my record including one on Saturday when I'm not scheduled to work on that day.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

I haven't been late in over 29 years.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  7. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Sounds like the management person who is doing timecards isn't doing his/her job right.
    It is in everybody's best interest that timecards are produced properly.
    If they screwed up your timecard, how many others have been improperly done ?

I would tell your steward AND make HR aware that they are coding timecards wrong that can lead to unwarranted discipline.

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

How can you be when you're sorting your 2000 shelf a half hour before start time. LOL

• Funny x 17
    • Winner x 13
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  9. el blanco

el blanco Guest

[​IMG]

10. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

You can see on the upsers site when they mark it yellow on the time card. I have had to go to the center manager twice after seeing I was marked twice late. ( I am always in 20 min before start time)

11. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

@UpstateNYUPSer you don't follow the methods...so lecturing someone on the methods isn't something you can do.

13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

When your term got reduced to suspension
    Did you get any paperwork saying that? If yes show your union that and they should inform management to have the termination reduced to suspension

14. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

15. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

If they're marking you late were you paid correctly? They might owe you some $$.

16. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

If they're marking you late were you paid correctly? They might owe you some $$.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

UPS does its records wrong and your gut reaction is it is the hourly employees fault...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

don't talk to anyone just grieve it, best process to actually get any results honestly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

file a grievance, make them prove it

20. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Sounds like they don’t like you, when you go in to a panel for any issue you have they will pull your history up to prove that you are a problem for the company and will use this against you to get the result they want. Definitely would try to fix this issue so it doesn’t become a bigger issue down the road. Can’t give you any info on how to do that. I would start with going to the union about it and see what they say or if they can do anything.