Income Inequality

moreluck

golden ticket member
30wno2a.jpg

island1fox

It takes an Education, work ethic and personal responsibility to EARN money --and then if the Government does not take most of it for the takers --you can do with the money what you wish !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well done, Nancy.

Via Mike Flynn:

Democrats have made the issue of “income inequality” the cornerstone of their platform going into the November elections. In less than two months, the House Democrats will discuss this and other issues at the swanky and posh St. Regis hotel in Manhattan. Rooms start at $695 a night if you would like to join them.

Of course, you can’t simply show up at the DCCC’s “Issues Conference.” According to the email invitation, “[t]his annual Issues Conference is open to 2014 DCCC Business and Labor Council Platinum Members and to our 2014 Chairman’s Council Members.” I’m not certain what it takes to be a “plantinum member,” but I imagine it takes the kind of money that doesn’t blink at a $695 hotel room. Helpfully, the DCCC says you can contact them to determine one’s “eligibility.”

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
This is a very simplistic, and unrealistic, explanation. No surprise there.

It is akin to the cartoons that some people post 'for discussion'.
The truth is, a majority of the wealthy make their money from having money, not from creating jobs. The wealthy are not being taxed at a rate that precludes them from running a business that employs people making a living wage.

historical_tax_rates2.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I laughed out loud at the bespeckled congresswoman from CT....worth about $200 million and she was talking about wealth inequality. She wasn't handing out any of her riches!!!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I laughed out loud at the bespeckled congresswoman from CT....worth about $200 million and she was talking about wealth inequality. She wasn't handing out any of her riches!!!
So, you have an issue with a person that was the child of immigrants, a cancer survivor, a devout Catholic who is generous to charities?

Nice, and as my shadow would say....

WHOOSH

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have a problem with a rich bitch talking like she knows anything about income inequality......she only knows it from the "good side" !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The income gap between rich and poor has widened since Obama took office. So he is really hurting poor people but liberals don't like to admit it.

With the loss of over 60 thousand factories during the BUSH administration to overseas countries, what did you expect to happen to income disparity when corporate CEO's are now making 4000 times what their lowest paid hourly workers are making?

Get a clue bro. The free market only works for the rich. The American worker has paid for all these rich wall street CEO's to become wealthier than ever before.

You don't like unemployment? FIRE THE REPUBLICANS.

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
With the loss of over 60 thousand factories during the BUSH administration to overseas countries, what did you expect to happen to income disparity when corporate CEO's are now making 4000 times what their lowest paid hourly workers are making?

Get a clue bro. The free market only works for the rich. The American worker has paid for all these rich wall street CEO's to become wealthier than ever before.

You don't like unemployment? FIRE THE REPUBLICANS.

TOS.
I would like to point out that more factory jobs were lost during Clinton's administration than during Bush's.
Point is still the same, just not as biased.

rod

Retired 22 years

If nothing else you know she hasn't wasted any of her millions on cosmetic surgery.