Incompetence, DOK

hehe xd

I have many coworkers who cannot remember safety acronyms like WESLA, BMW, and the 8 keys of lifting/lowering. They failed the DOK tests. Are these only implemented to save UPS's ass when an injury occurs?

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Yeah exactly. They'll push you and push you and watch you stray away from the methods and try to make numbers. But themoment you slip on a envelope and get hurt they'll ask...

Well why didn't you maintain proper egress?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I have many coworkers who cannot remember safety acronyms like WESLA, BMW, and the 8 keys of lifting/lowering. They failed the DOK tests. Are these only implemented to save UPS's ass when an injury occurs?

Yep.

it is only to appease OSHA.

We work at a trucking company. Why do we have to memorize and recite on demand mumbo jumbo?

Indecisi0n

Most of the posters on here are so old it's impossible for them to remember all that stuff. They are lucky if they can remember their name. Since they are so old UPS leaves them alone because they don't want an age discrimination lawsuit.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I worked with several Circle of Honor (25 years accident free) drivers who struggled with the dok. And, they have changed over over the years, like the 5 rules of backing used to be 8 rules. One of the Circle of Honor guys used to tell the sup, "knowing the words to a song doesn't make you a singer." Haha. I loved that one.

It's a good concept, having the dok. But, pressure to perform negates it's value immensely

km3

Part of the problem may be that they don't ask employees often enough...or we'd remember them. Last time they DOK'd me was in November of last year.

OptimusPrime

Yeah exactly. They'll push you and push you and watch you stray away from the methods and try to make numbers. But themoment you slip on a envelope and get hurt they'll ask...

Well why didn't you maintain proper egress?

Do you have a GoFundMe or something? It's sad that the lead singer of Lamb of God has to get a job at UPS to make ends meet. Is it all the legal fees from that manslaughter charge he caught in the Czech Republic?

ManInBrown

They love hitting 9.5 drivers here with random DOK quizzes in the morning. They'll call you in the office after the PCM just to go over DOK. Then if you don't know it to their liking you get to come in 30 minutes early for 3 or 4 days and work with a safety committee member to learn it. Lol. More free money and off even earlier. They love shooting themselves in the foot.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
the DOK is good stuff but of course we make it the most miserable thing ever to satisfy Legal, instead of focusing on how useful it can actually be

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Part of the problem may be that they don't ask employees often enough...or we'd remember them. Last time they DOK'd me was in November of last year.

Tell me little boy, if that were the case, why did I as a driver have to be able to write them out verbatim at least once a month?

You have no clue. Go file a bogus grievance.