Incorrect pay/ have not been receiving pay

Hello all, im new to the UPS family as of September 2017. I'm on board as an air walker for the upcoming holidays.

Ive been writing all my hours down, and i noticed i was short ~6hrs on one pay check. I notified my supervisor of the days i suspected i was not paid. How long should i should UPS take to correct an issue like this, it has been 1 working day (3 days today) since i brought this up.

Lastly my pay checks have not been going to my bank account, i suspect HR must have made a mistake on my profile. There are many mistakes on UPSers.com, my contact info is incorrect (used emergency contact), email is misspelled, missing emergency contact. I emailed HR about this issue and my email was forwarded to someone who over looks the air walkers. It has been 1 working day (3 days total) since i brought this up.

I wanted to send an email to HR service center and know what rights i have with respect to pay, but i get a prompt saying im part of a CBU and should try and resolve my issue with local management.

Aside from all of this, i have to say its great being a driver assistant!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
All supervisors are not equal. You need to talk to the Center manager, then he should investigate it with payroll. He can look it up on his own and see what code you were listed as on the days in question. You were probably coded incorrectly or maybe there was a time card error.

Give him one or two pay periods tops to rectify, so long as he seems to be doing so in earnest.

If that fails and you're not paid for work you performed, contact your shop steward and/or Business Agent. They will help you to file a grievance for the pay.

My experience, is that as long as mgmt is diligent about trying to resolve your pay discrepancy, play that out first, as that is the quickest all around.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello all, im new to the UPS family as of September 2017. I'm on board as an air walker for the upcoming holidays.

Ive been writing all my hours down, and i noticed i was short ~6hrs on one pay check. I notified my supervisor of the days i suspected i was not paid. How long should i should UPS take to correct an issue like this, it has been 1 working day (3 days today) since i brought this up.

Lastly my pay checks have not been going to my bank account, i suspect HR must have made a mistake on my profile. There are many mistakes on UPSers.com, my contact info is incorrect (used emergency contact), email is misspelled, missing emergency contact. I emailed HR about this issue and my email was forwarded to someone who over looks the air walkers. It has been 1 working day (3 days total) since i brought this up.

I wanted to send an email to HR service center and know what rights i have with respect to pay, but i get a prompt saying im part of a CBU and should try and resolve my issue with local management.

Aside from all of this, i have to say its great being a driver assistant!
Are you in the union?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Company has until the next pay period to correct any pay issues; if they have not done so by then, you will need to file a grievance to get the issue resolved.

MC4YOU2: Thank you for the advice, ill be sure to follow through with what you've recommended.

Turdferguson: I haven't paid any union dues in my total 4 pay checks, however im told i am part of the UPS collective bargaining unit. Not sure if they have similar responsibilities as the union?

UpstateNYUPSer: I will wait that amount of time and follow though with the advice from MC.

Thank you for all the help everyone!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
If you are in the union you are paying your dues and supporting your union. If you are just under the collective bargaining agreement but not paying your dues then :censored2: off and find your own information out

Or he/ she is waiting to make seniority and would then start paying. I hate it when people that have been around don't bother to educate the people just coming on. We all suffer when we make poor Union members. Most seniority clauses say 30 days within 90 days.

UpstateNYUPSer: I do not have a copy of the contract. I'll inquire with my HR representative about that information.

For everyone else, i was not told anything about the CBU/ Union during orientation. I wasn't even taught on how to use the Diad Mk 4 (was given a handout on how to use the mk 5 haha). My driver is great though, he taught we really well, and we work together pretty smoothly.

Im working in Ontario. Not sure if that has anything to do with the CBU.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Or he/ she is waiting to make seniority and would then start paying. I hate it when people that have been around don't bother to educate the people just coming on. We all suffer when we make poor Union members. Most seniority clauses say 30 days within 90 days.
Sounds as though the OP has no interest or intention of joining the union.

542thruNthru

UpstateNYUPSer: I do not have a copy of the contract. I'll inquire with my HR representative about that information.

For everyone else, i was not told anything about the CBU/ Union during orientation. I wasn't even taught on how to use the Diad Mk 4 (was given a handout on how to use the mk 5 haha). My driver is great though, he taught we really well, and we work together pretty smoothly.

If your HR is anything like mine they will be no help. Ask the driver that has been helping you who the shop steward is. Talk to him about your problem and how you need a contract book.

Be smart join the union. It will help you in the long run.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The Company has until the next pay period to correct any pay issues; if they have not done so by then, you will need to file a grievance to get the issue resolved.
this is not entirely accurate,depends on the amount of the shortage.they can have as little as 48 hours to correct the shortage
Dave ( @UpstateNYUPSer ) you should abstain from giving advice as it pertains to the contract.
You have proven this repeatedly over the years.

Pay shortages are addressed in Article 17 of the National Master
Any shortage of $20 or more for part timers and $40 or more for full timers are to be corrected in 48 hours, or the Company is subject to pay a penalty.
Any shortages below the aforementioned thresholds are to be corrected on the following weeks check.

Part timers are certainly woefully underpaid, but even so, 6 hours short certainly puts the OP in the 48 hour category.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

California or Canada?

Sounds as though the OP has no interest or intention of joining the union.

My UPS driver says i should apply for a driver position after the peak season, but im not sure i want to go down that path. Im content with the seasonal contract i have. However, i would still like to know my rights as a worker.

this is not entirely accurate,depends on the amount of the shortage.they can have as little as 48 hours to correct the shortage

I will ask my Driver about this. I informed him today that i contacted the supervisor and would be waiting a week. Will follow up tomorrow.

Dave ( @UpstateNYUPSer ) you should abstain from giving advice as it pertains to the contract.
You have proven this repeatedly over the years.

Pay shortages are addressed in Article 17 of the National Master
Any shortage of $20 or more for part timers and $40 or more for full timers are to be corrected in 48 hours, or the Company is subject to pay a penalty.
Any shortages below the aforementioned thresholds are to be corrected on the following weeks check.

Part timers are certainly woefully underpaid, but even so, 6 hours short certainly puts the OP in the 48 hour category.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Thank you for the great resource. On Article 17 i noticed that it mentions shortages due to the employers error. I suspect i may have logged in with the incorrect ID number one day, i'm fairly confident i've done it twice during my 3rd week. In one instance my driver had corrected it for me after my shift.

Should i not pester my supervisor and bring up this 2 day period to review any inconsistencies in my pay?
California or Canada?

Canada!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
My UPS driver says i should apply for a driver position after the peak season, but im not sure i want to go down that path. Im content with the seasonal contract i have. However, i would still like to know my rights as a worker.
Your rights were fought for and negotiated by the union, otherwise you would be at the mercy of the company as to what to do about your pay shortage. Keep going to HR and management to figure out how to fix it leech