Increased Stop Count Reactions

Seymour Packages

I have noticed that there are two types of route drivers in this company. When faced with increasing stop counts, the first type of route driver takes it personally. They are either in the office before start time complaining to dispatch, they come in early to sort their truck (off the clock), or they simply just run through the route. The second type of driver, my personal favorite, is the driver that drops anchor like an aircraft carrier in port. They don't come in any earlier than normal. If the route is blown out, they simply punch in, check their air and leave. No room for pickups? Oh well, cover them, ORS. ETA return to building 22:58? Send help, if you want. These drivers seem to maintain their sanity longer than the runners/old timers that lose their mind when a bit more work is added to their route. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the management team scramble to send help to a driver at top pay that doesn't give a single fawk and will scan 45 stops missed at the end of the night.

35years

Gravy route
Add 9.5 list to the mix and the second type driver just says $115 an hour....I am ok getting slammed.

I don't take thier dispatch or even games/harrassment personally.

Everything they try on this type driver blows up in thier face.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
when I’m over dispatched I like to just stare and smile at my supervisor with a blank look , then proceed to work 12-14 hours. That usually solves the problem.
✊🧔

Ghost in the Darkness

I don't say anything. It takes as long as it takes. A month ago the dispatch sup said we are trying to lighten you up we just have nowhere to go with it. Whatever...idc. Burning me out just means it takes longer... you naturally charge them for that. Cause and effect.

Off the leash

I have noticed that there are two types of route drivers in this company. When faced with increasing stop counts, the first type of route driver takes it personally. They are either in the office before start time complaining to dispatch, they come in early to sort their truck (off the clock), or they simply just run through the route. The second type of driver, my personal favorite, is the driver that drops anchor like an aircraft carrier in port. They don't come in any earlier than normal. If the route is blown out, they simply punch in, check their air and leave. No room for pickups? Oh well, cover them, ORS. ETA return to building 22:58? Send help, if you want. These drivers seem to maintain their sanity longer than the runners/old timers that lose their mind when a bit more work is added to their route. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the management team scramble to send help to a driver at top pay that doesn't give a single fawk and will scan 45 stops missed at the end of the night.
Takes time to get to that mindset

Over70irregs

I don't say anything. It takes as long as it takes. A month ago the dispatch sup said we are trying to lighten you up we just have nowhere to go with it. Whatever...idc. Burning me out just means it takes longer... you naturally charge them for that. Cause and effect.
“Charge them for that”. Good phrase.

iruhnman630

I have definitely become the latter.

Eta? 21:00.

Whatever happens next is on them

Cowboy Mac

100%. I work the same no matter what, unless I’m tired then I physically have to slow down. Just bring in my pickups, I’ll stay out all night doing resis. Misloads- I deliver every single one that I can. 10 minutes away, 30 minutes away, doesn’t matter. Have to take care of the customer.

Son of ORION

Usually when I get over dispatched I like to send an optimistic ETA that gives peace of mind for management, so they don’t have to worry about sending me help and at the end of the day like around 9 pm or latter they realize that I was playing them like the fools they are.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I must admit I used to be the guy that got all bent out of shape and went and complained to everyone who would listen. Then I would work for free trying frantically to sort the load.

Now, I shut the door and let Jesus take the wheel.
Around 1pm I send a message saying looking at a 14 hour day with possible missed by the end. Now it’s up to them. I am done reacting, that’s what they want. Management gets off on that stupid :censored2: because they’re miserable.

Off the leash

We all work or have worked like animals for this company, but when they constantly over dispatch or try to punish you, you have to slow down take one stop at a time and get in when you get in. It isn’t easy to do because those of us who lasted in this place are hard workers who take care of our customers and don’t want to have bring back work. I loved a cleaned out truck but you have to draw a line somewhere or this company will kill you. friend… em

Off the leash

It helps if you don't have a family or kids. Or were already married when you started UPS.
Tough with kids, my son was already in bed when I got home when he was young. Sucked. But I worked to give him a better life. Today he makes 6 figures and works from home. No filthy hands and legs for him

ManInBrown

The second type of driver is the only type you can be. Anyone doing it any different than that is clueless. There is zero stress involved when you’re the second driver. It also drives management nuts when you’re the second driver. They want people invested. They love mad drivers who bitch and moan. Show up, punch in, verify airs, work at a safe pace, follow every single method. Bring back missed. File any necessary grievances. Confirm check is in bank account on Friday morning. Rinse and repeat.

Black Friday still optional here. Didn’t work. Year before I left for feeders they tell everyone you can start at 7:30am on Monday. I was the only driver that didn’t start early. 72 drivers I was the only one. I stroll in at the start time without a care in the world. Not a single driver there. Every truck gone but mine. Walk over to my load, bricked. With an entire days work piled behind that didn’t fit. My center manager had smoke coming out of his ears because I didn’t start early. It was a beautiful sight to see on my way out of the building🤣

Last edited: