Indiana-Is a great place to be a bigot....

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
When they get done imposing their shared cultist beliefs on everyone in Indiana, they can get down to the real fight over whether the Baptists get to impose their further views upon the idol worshipping 'not real Christians' Catholics.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
When they get done imposing their shared cultist beliefs on everyone in Indiana, they can get down to the real fight over whether the Baptists get to impose their further views upon the idol worshipping 'not real Christians' Catholics.
Why you hating?

You live there?

They are more than capable of working it out in Indiana with out your assistance.

theslinger

Wait till it gets down the nitty gritty and its Regular Baptists vs Southern Baptists vs Independent Baptists vs Reformed Baptists vs Non Denominational Baptists vs Holy Roller Baptists vs Snake Charmers Baptists, etc... ;-)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's just a last gasp circle the wagons type of move. These guys have already lost the fight against gay marriage so they're trying to salvage some way they can still stick it to the gay community. It won't last because it's pretty clear at this point which way the country is headed on this issue, they'll eventually lose on this just like they lost on marriage equality.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I got a bigot I can show you if you want.

brett636

The sad truth is this entire circus is based on the false premise that the religious freedom law that was passed encouraged discrimination. The law passed by the Indiana legislator and signed by the sitting Governor Mike Pence mirrors the same legislation Bill Clinton signed at a federal level in 1993 and mirrors the same legislation passed in 19 other states including Illinois where Obama voted for it as a state Senator. Its pathetic that reading comprehension skills have become this far gone that people are up in arms over something that has yet to happen everywhere else this law is in place.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The sad truth is this entire circus is based on the false premise that the religious freedom law that was passed encouraged discrimination. The law passed by the Indiana legislator and signed by the sitting Governor Mike Pence mirrors the same legislation Bill Clinton signed at a federal level in 1993 and mirrors the same legislation passed in 19 other states including Illinois where Obama voted for it as a state Senator. Its pathetic that reading comprehension skills have become this far gone that people are up in arms over something that has yet to happen everywhere else this law is in place.
Your reading comprehension skills might be great, but I think what you're reading might be misinforming you a bit.
The difference is that the Indiana law applies to businesses, whereas the other laws only apply to government. This difference exists because the intent of the laws is fundamentally different. This is all about their lost battle against gay marriage, no matter what lipstick they put on it.

The reason people are up in arms is because this law will result in numerous lawsuits that will most likely end up being decided by the Supreme Court. In the meantime, they fear discrimination will be legal until those decisions come down.

brett636

Your reading comprehension skills might be great, but I think what you're reading might be misinforming you a bit.
The difference is that the Indiana law applies to businesses, whereas the other laws only apply to government. This difference exists because the intent of the laws is fundamentally different. This is all about their lost battle against gay marriage, no matter what lipstick they put on it.

The reason people are up in arms is because this law will result in numerous lawsuits that will most likely end up being decided by the Supreme Court. In the meantime, they fear discrimination will be legal until those decisions come down.

The Indiana law applies to everyone including business. Its purpose is to protect all religions from the government which may want to compel them to violate their religious beliefs. A Jewish sign maker shouldn't have to make signs for a skin head rally. A Muslim baker shouldn't have to bake cookies in the image of Muhammad. And yes, a Christian cake baker shouldn't have to bake a cake for a gay wedding. There is no wording, nor case law, which exists that allows a business owner to refuse service to someone purely based on the suspicion that they were gay, and if a business were to do so they would lose in court. The concerns are simply unfounded, and it is a bit troubling that expanding liberties such as the freedom of religion is receiving such negative attention from so many ill informed people.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Indiana law applies to everyone including business. Its purpose is to protect all religions from the government which may want to compel them to violate their religious beliefs. A Jewish sign maker shouldn't have to make signs for a skin head rally. A Muslim baker shouldn't have to bake cookies in the image of Muhammad. And yes, a Christian cake baker shouldn't have to bake a cake for a gay wedding. There is no wording, nor case law, which exists that allows a business owner to refuse service to someone purely based on the suspicion that they were gay, and if a business were to do so would lose in court. The concerns are simply unfounded, and it is a bit troubling that expanding liberties such as the freedom of religion is receiving such negative attention from so many ill informed people.
Well I'm glad you've figured out that the laws are different.
Personally, I don't necessarily have anything against the Indiana law. Freedom has inconveniences, one of which is that Indiana has lost a lot of tax revenue, and will lose even more, including in legal battles.

I do find it funny that the example used of real life implications of this law is always cake and flowers. People who make overpriced cakes want the freedom to not make them for homosexuals. As if a cake is part of the religious ceremony lol, get over yourselves. Last time I checked you eat the cake after you're married. Apparently cake is a vital part of some people's belief in a god.

brett636

Well I'm glad you've figured out that the laws are different.
Personally, I don't necessarily have anything against the Indiana law. Freedom has inconveniences, one of which is that Indiana has lost a lot of tax revenue, and will lose even more, including in legal battles.

I do find it funny that the example used of real life implications of this law is always cake and flowers. People who make overpriced cakes want the freedom to not make them for homosexuals. As if a cake is part of the religious ceremony lol, get over yourselves. Last time I checked you eat the cake after you're married. Apparently cake is a vital part of some people's belief in a god.

Again, your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. Where did I say the laws were different?

My examples are just that. Examples of where freedom of religion is necessary. Nobody should be compelled by government to violate their personal religious beliefs. Thats all this is about, and thankfully Governor Pence has the backbone to stand up for that premise. Even if it costs some money in legal battles as freedom isn't free.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Welcome to the new flavor of week , brought to you by the liberal talking point crowd .
Nothing to see here folks , now just move along and wait until Iran drops their nuclear bomb somewhere .

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I don't have a horse in this race, just an opinion, as I am in a strong heterosexual marriage. Government has no business in what goes on in the bedroom. They should not and cannot legislate who can marry who. My marriage has never been threatened in any way by a gay couples marriage to each other and if yours feels threatened by it maybe you need to look inward.
Wisconsin has just recently agreed to give the lawyers of the ACLU $1.1 million for it's court battle over gay marriage. Tax dollars should have been spent elsewhere.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Losers.... Republicans always find ways to discriminate.

TOS.

Love the name calling. Very mature of you.

This law will prevent BS acts like people suing a bakery because the bakery CHOOSES not to make a cake for their gay wedding because it clashes with their religious beliefs.

If they CHOOSE not to make the cake, that's their business. The government shouldn't be able to force them to make it. Their choice to NOT make said cake could result in less business for them, and cause financial hardship, BUT IT'S THEIR CHOICE.

Liberals LOVE choice when it comes to murdering unborn children, but when people can choose not to provide a service to someone, they get all up in arms.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If this law was legit, Mike Pence wouldnt be back peddling on it and asking his legislation to CLARIFY the law with an amendment. There is huge backlash against this ridiculous law and I hope that many companies make Mike Pence pay for it.

You want to live in a religious society forcing your religious views on strangers? than stop complaining about ISIS.

TOS.

brett636

If this law was legit, Mike Pence wouldnt be back peddling on it and asking his legislation to CLARIFY the law with an amendment. There is huge backlash against this ridiculous law and I hope that many companies make Mike Pence pay for it.

You want to live in a religious society forcing your religious views on strangers? than stop complaining about ISIS.

TOS.

While you seem quick to condemn this law I'm not sure you have much of a leg to stand on coming from California. Considering there is a ballot initiative in your state to shoot homosexuals on the spot does seem much worse. I am not a big fan of the gay rights movement, but I certainly believe they have the right to live.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While you seem quick to condemn this law I'm not sure you have much of a leg to stand on coming from California. Considering there is a ballot initiative in your state to shoot homosexuals on the spot does seem much worse. I am not a big fan of the gay rights movement, but I certainly believe they have the right to live.

I dunno, seems a bit radical.

KIDDING!!!!!