Info about pension please

George G

If your divorce x-spouse is collecting part of our pensions and dies does that portion that she was collecting return back to me ?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If your divorce x-spouse is collecting part of our pensions and dies does that portion that she was collecting return back to me ?
Did she die or are you planning her death? In this situation, should we offer condolences or should we congratulate you?

The money would go back to you (or at least it should)

George G

She died a natural death from Cancer, I held no grudge against her I just want my money taken from my pension back-----so who do I call ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She died a natural death from Cancer, I held no grudge against her I just want my money taken from my pension back-----so who do I call ?

Very sorry for your loss.

You will need to send a copy of the death certificate and a selfie of you by the open casket to your pension office so they can update their records. It may take a month or two before you start receiving the revised payment.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Sorry to hear. I can only offer you my experience with a different employer as I have not left UPS yet. The first person I would call is the plan administrator to discuss the steps involved. If the results in a dead end, I would then call UPS finance department to see if they can point you in the right direction.

Occasionally, the original administrator is not the current one as the plans sometimes get sold to other administrators.

George G

No, I do not get that money now that she has died the pension is only guaranteed for 120 months ( 10 years) even though I get my portion what she was getting I lose. That pretty much sucks