Info Notices

Geo926

Attention drivers. Could you please stop checking "We can leave your package on the next weekday if you sign the back of this notice" with a sig required. No, we can not. They have to be there to physically sign for it. Amazing how many drivers do not know this.

Grey

If I'm on the same route all week I'll try SDN on the first attempt just to know. I wish there was a faster way to know than hitting SDN, typing in false letters then voiding and re-sheeting.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Attention drivers. Could you please stop checking "We can leave your package on the next weekday if you sign the back of this notice" with a sig required. No, we can not. They have to be there to physically sign for it. Amazing how many drivers do not know this.
Can't write on the new pos notes, so, that's how it rolls.

BUCN85

Heard of a driver getting fired for doing this and by passing the sig required with their own

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We check that box for delivery areas where we cannot DR.

You are right in that it can not be used for signature required packages .

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Which begs the questions: What do those drivers write on the signature pad when they retrieve the delivery notice the following day?

Last edited:

Geo926

We check that box for delivery areas where we cannot DR.

You are right in that it can not be used for signature required packages .

Yes that is correct. Just talking about sig required packages. I have covered routes the following day on routes where guys have been driving 20+ years checking that box. Just makes me wonder how many drivers are forging signatures on their pads. No bueno.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes that is correct. Just talking about sig required packages. I have covered routes the following day on routes where guys have been driving 20+ years checking that box. Just makes me wonder how many drivers are forging signatures on their pads. No bueno.

Hey man.....some drivers aint got time for crap like that! That requires too much time and effort. LOL! Its the same ones that don't have time to scan their misloads. Or scribble out their PALs for send agains. Or leave apartment deliveries at the offices. Stuff like that.

alwaysoverallowed

The problem is on the old info notices the first box was for signature required and the second box was for SDN release. Now some desk jockey friend'ed it up and drivers aren't reading the new info notices or are in the habit of checking off the first box. The best way to remedy this is to talk to the driver, they probably aren't even aware of their mistake.

FilingBluesFL

I love when I cover a route, and there's a signature required send again, and the bid driver doesn't bother to properly fill out an info notice, and I'm the jerk that doesn't leave the package because their signature on the info notice isn't any good...

Grey

So you're looking for no DR stops? I only have one such stop on my entire area.

What? No... When I come upon a No DR stop and nobody is home I hit SDN to see if the "Clarify Signature" thing comes up. If it does I check the "Can be left if you sign the info notice" option. If it doesn't I check the "must be here to sign" option.