Info on package driving

Mikemen

So basically the title...I’m a 17yr part-time employee, I just got a full-time package car driver position that I haven’t yet said yes to. I’m looking for any info/insight anyone can give me, I work in the louisville air hub and have no experience with package car so I have zero idea of what to expect.

Any info would be useful, what to expect going from part to full-time, what to expect as a driver...hours, pay, headaches, etc...especially in the louisville area. Thank you in advance.

Mikemen

Yeah, went through that post for a few pages, as well as several others...basically anything with the words package car driver.....didn’t have answers to questions I was curious about seemed more geared towards those who had some knowledge of package driving, ie worked as package car loaders. I have zero knowledge as stated, which is why I posted looking for any helpful information.

IESucks

So basically the title...I’m a 17yr part-time employee, I just got a full-time package car driver position that I haven’t yet said yes to. I’m looking for any info/insight anyone can give me, I work in the louisville air hub and have no experience with package car so I have zero idea of what to expect.

Any info would be useful, what to expect going from part to full-time, what to expect as a driver...hours, pay, headaches, etc...especially in the louisville area. Thank you in advance.
Multiply you current stress, headaches, body aches, by 100

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Your pay scale is located in the contract
Article 41.
Your hours...way too many...
Your headaches... Micromanagement. Too many hours, Hot weather in the summer, cold weather in the winter. Achy joints. Absolutely no recognition for a job well done. No matter much work you do, how well you meet their expectations. It is never good enough.....enjoy

Mikemen

I keep seeing post with people saying things along the lines of “showed up and was told I wasn’t needed today” or if there isn’t a route for that day there is an option to displace someone in the hub to get your hours. What is that? Is this a full time job or is this a full time job when they want/need me?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I keep seeing post with people saying things along the lines of “showed up and was told I wasn’t needed today” or if there isn’t a route for that day there is an option to displace someone in the hub to get your hours. What is that? Is this a full time job or is this a full time job when they want/need me?
You will be jerked around for the first year or so. Then finally work regularly.
Vote no!

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
anyone with the opportunity to go full time driving right now before the contract ends should seriously think of jumping all over it. if this contract passes with 22.4 hybrid drivers, those less paying jobs will be the only driving jobs you will see up for bid for a few years depending upon center % language. get in progression now!