injured off the job

Cementups

Box Monkey
Here comp is $995 a week, disability is 60% of pay but there's a max limit of six hundred something a week.

Here you get your disability from the union ($250/week) and then because UPS won't give any work you can file for unemployment as well since your employer is technically laying you off due to injuries outside of work.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member

Attachments

• IMG_5881.JPG
    IMG_5881.JPG
    993.4 KB · Views: 220

Oak

Place foot in a bucket of ice water for five minutes. Take foot out of ice water and straight into hot water. Repeat. Hurts like hell, but the cold reduces swelling, the heat promotes healing. It will really speed up the healing process.

Brownsfan

In California you have to wait 7 days before getting disability. I got hurt off the job gold mining and then mining my wife. I hurt my back with my wife and the shoulder gold Mining.
Tomorrow will be my 7th day off. If I go to work and see if I ca make it through the day, would that start my 7 day waiting period over again if I don't make it through the day?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
In California you have to wait 7 days before getting disability. I got hurt off the job gold mining and then mining my wife. I hurt my back with my wife and the shoulder gold Mining.
Tomorrow will be my 7th day off. If I go to work and see if I ca make it through the day, would that start my 7 day waiting period over again if I don't make it through the day?

All I got out of that was
I got hurt mining my wife

Brownsfan

All I got out of that was
I got hurt mining my wife
True story. We got in a fight. Had a morning make up session and boom an hour later my back locked up on me and hasn't relaxed. The shoulder I think I tore my rotator cuff one arm lifting a super heavy tote. It's been a bad start to the year for me.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Why would you rush back to work? Especially with a rotator cuff. That is a serious injury that may never really heal. Not worth it. We involuntarily pay into disability every week. It's there to use

Brownsfan

Why would you rush back to work? Especially with a rotator cuff. That is a serious injury that may never really heal. Not worth it. We involuntarily pay into disability every week. It's there to use
I appreciate that encouragement. I just keep thinking it will heal up. But 3 weeks later and it's not happening. Maybe the back spasms was the big man upstairs telling me to take care of the shoulder.