injured off the job

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I appreciate that encouragement. I just keep thinking it will heal up. But 3 weeks later and it's not happening. Maybe the back spasms was the big man upstairs telling me to take care of the shoulder.
My best friend and fellow driver got a torn rotator cuff while on road. Has been on comp over a year now. That :censored2: takes forever to heal. As long as you got all your paperwork correctly filed and your union is aware. Your job will be there when you're ready to return. Don't be a hero

walk it off

Took an RTO yesterday. Long story short. I was working in my garage standing on a chair, footing slipped and I rolled my ankle really bad. Went to my doctor and have a really bad sprain. They wrote me a doctors note saying I can't do my normal duties for at least a week. Since it was off the job, can I still request TAW for next week so I can still get my 8 hours? Can't afford to miss a whole week with no pay. Thanks Brothers and Sisters
Apply for state disability. Sounds like a rolled ankle might take two weeks. Might have to cash in your option week.

GayOfThrones

ALOT of really unhelpful answers. This is a non-work related incident, but if you believe you will be out for over 3 days you qualify for disability. Because your doctor's note requests "light duty" and UPS is unable to accommodate you can receive 60% of your normal pay for however long you're out minus 3 days. My advice is check with your doctor to see how long he realistically believes you'll be out for. If it's less than a week not really worth it, if more then you can call your claim in to AETNA yourself.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
ALOT of really unhelpful answers. This is a non-work related incident, but if you believe you will be out for over 3 days you qualify for disability. Because your doctor's note requests "light duty" and UPS is unable to accommodate you can receive 60% of your normal pay for however long you're out minus 3 days. My advice is check with your doctor to see how long he realistically believes you'll be out for. If it's less than a week not really worth it, if more then you can call your claim in to AETNA yourself.
Thank you! We’ve been waiting over six months for an answer!

watdaflock?

It's going to take longer than a week to heal. Thankfully, you're not going to hurt it any worse standing/walking on it.
After being refused TAW, best option is to quit acting like a wimp. Ice it before work, then wrap it and maybe even take a few Advil.

Hope this helps.

Old thread by now, but just throwing this out there. Depending on your situation or location, you can ask for light duty. We were understaffed on preload bad last summer and a driver who hurt his knee playing baseball did scanner for a month until returning to his route. I think the stipulation in this case was the driver had more seniority than all senior preload workers.

wayfair

swollen member
Old thread by now, but just throwing this out there. Depending on your situation or location, you can ask for light duty. We were understaffed on preload bad last summer and a driver who hurt his knee playing baseball did scanner for a month until returning to his route. I think the stipulation in this case was the driver had more seniority than all senior preload workers.

Not going to happen if injury is off the job.