Injured on the job

Ouch

I was injured on the job running my route on Jan 2012. I was released from the doctor in June of this year. I have permanent restrictions of no lifting over 30lbs. UPS has me on a leave of absence, preventing me from going to the table with them to try and work out a settlement. Has anyone experienced this before. I haven't been paid since June and this is getting old. How can they put me on a leave of absence when I didn't request to be put on one. I'm either back to work within my restrictions or I'm terminated is how I look at it. I didn't know there was a gray area for them to use against you. Please help, if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks

pitdog

you aren't collecting ttd? did you have an attorney? need a lil more info. i've been dealing with comp for almost 4 years, i can probably help you out.

Ouch

Sorry for the lapse in time on response. My workers comp ran out reached mmi. Now jjst playing the waiting game. Filed a grievance that was heard 10-21 at panel. I have not heard from the ba on how that went. My lawyer is trying to get ups to the table and it is a slow process. Back hurts everyday but I have to deal with it, at least im alive and have alot of things to look forward to. Wife is great and is having to pay all the bills with her income and doesnt complain one bit. My positives definitely out weigh the negatives by a long shot. Thanks for asking. Haven't been paid since 6-30. Oh well it will get better im sure.

pitdog

no problem man, and i'm glad you have the support that you do. It certainly goes a long way. may i ask why they haven't paid you since june? i was at mmi around the same time, I am still receiving ttd checks though. what a process huh....
keep your head up, which it seems you already are.

Ouch

It is my understanding that oncd I reached mmi the workers comp checks stop. My lawyer said that is what happens. You dont want them to overpay you cause you will have to pay that money back. I have a 30lb permanent weight restriction which really sucks. Where are you out of, what hub?

pitdog

IL, also go after social security if you haven't already. you should also be able to receive unemployment (talk to your lawyer about that as im not 100% sure). are you doing voc. rehab? Ill have to talk to my atty about the ttd checks, maybe it's state to state?

Ouch

It could be state to state im in Tn. No therapy they said ive used all my allowance up lol. 42 visits. I cant apply for unemployment cause ups has me on a loa, my attorney is taking care of that. I did file for ss just waiting for them to respond as well. I have never had to wait on so many things at one time in my life lol lol.

pitdog

haha tell me about it man, and watching over your shoulder. i was told to do nothing outside, cut grass, water the plants....you should see my gutters!! does it say "comp" on your roster at work ? next to my name it still says "comp" until my case is settled. I have permanent restrictions too, i am done driving, which sucks. i'd love nothing more to go back, but i don't want any more surgeries down the road or back problems straight to the grave, which unfortunately is probably a reality.

delay
deny
hope they die

pitdog

btw theres a few good forums out there to check out for good info. just google work comp forums and it'll bring em right up. if ya haven't already.

Ouch

Hey cool thanks. My employment status is loa. I went in to work and they denied me access to the building. I told them I wasnt on a loa that here I am to work. 16 years down the drain lol lol. I know I could never get back on my package car but I told them it doesnt hhrt me to drive that I would go to feeders and they said well we just cant do that. I mean really?

Johney

Hey cool thanks. My employment status is loa. I went in to work and they denied me access to the building. I told them I wasnt on a loa that here I am to work. 16 years down the drain lol lol. I know I could never get back on my package car but I told them it doesnt hhrt me to drive that I would go to feeders and they said well we just cant do that. I mean really?
Not trying to down play your injury or be an ***** as I've been on comp and know how the company is, but why should they just give you a feeder job? I assure you with a 30lb weight limit you can't lift a dolly. Not sure how long it takes to get feeders where you are but here it's minimum 25 years seniority and that's if the top 15 guys(30 years or more)have passed on it. I can tell you if that was a way to get into feeders EVERY driver in my building would come up with an injury. So, I wish you the best with your injury but don't give UPS crap for not allowing you into feeders to make it work for you.

Ouch

Not trying to down play your injury or be an ***** as I've been on comp and know how the company is, but why should they just give you a feeder job? I assure you with a 30lb weight limit you can't lift a dolly. Not sure how long it takes to get feeders where you are but here it's minimum 25 years seniority and that's if the top 15 guys(30 years or more)have passed on it. I can tell you if that was a way to get into feeders EVERY driver in my building would come up with an injury. So, I wish you the best with your injury but don't give UPS crap for not allowing you into feeders to make it work for you.
Thinking of being able to finish my career instead of being bought out. Didnt know I was giving ups crap about not being able to go to feeders. Would rather finish my career than to become a statistic. Figured I could get help with the dolly instead of having a package car full of boxes over 30lbs. It was just a thought on how I could go back to work. Not to mention pushing a 2 wheeler, and going up and down stairs.

pitdog

feeder, combo job, anything...i went in to a meeting with HR about the ada act after i filled out the paperwork they sent me. it was like a job interview. kept asking me what i wanted to do. how about you tell me what's available, i wasn't going to turn anything down. being bought out is the last thing you want, you should see the offers i have received, barely covers what i missed from my time off so far. sucks

Ouch

feeder, combo job, anything...i went in to a meeting with HR about the ada act after i filled out the paperwork they sent me. it was like a job interview. kept asking me what i wanted to do. how about you tell me what's available, i wasn't going to turn anything down. being bought out is the last thing you want, you should see the offers i have received, barely covers what i missed from my time off so far. sucks

Absolutely understand. Its ridiculous.