injury and settlements

S

salty123

I would liketo talkwith someone who has gone through the process of a settlement with UPS due to on the job in juries as a driver. Anyone have information on this?

L

Load Stand

Find the risk mgmt person for your district, and discuss such with them initially...if you want to reach out to an attorney, you can, but keep in mind lawyers usually get 20% of any settlement....opinions from this board will be too general..each state has different laws and the amount you can get varies...the risk mgmt person can take you through most of the questions you will have...usually you can get a very fair settlement...you will resign employment but can still look for a less physical job somewhere else...

Bad Gas!

I believe those figures are high, too.They will start very low depending on your case of course..Never take the first offer.It's a year of negotiations..

drewed

Shankman
I believe those figures are high, too.They will start very low depending on your case of course..Never take the first offer.It's a year of negotiations..

it all depends on the state, and other similar cases they can use. also we dont know what kind of disability he has and how old he is

yea its probalby high, taking into account most upsers that have injuries and need a settlemtn are in their 40s or 50s and it tends to be back,knee, ankle problems where you still fairly functional

consult with a attorney, youre just going to get generalities on here, and most have limited exp with this subject (especially me)

Johney

I have gone through a mediation process regarding a workers comp injury and I remember the mediator saying the only way this gets settled is you feel you didn't get enough and they feel they paid too much.

Re-Raise

I was given a settlement after having back surgery 12 years ago. I returned to driving and have no trouble now at all. Are you returning to work or is your injury ending your driving career?

paidslave

I was told that your body as a whole is worth $500k max in our payroll catagory as a driver. Now if you work as a professional it would be much higher.

Every organ has a price tag on it and there are charts for this. Ams/hands 100 k a piece, legs,feet,sac 100k a piece rest of body neck/back head100k! If you get a settlement of 500k you are deamed a wreck! Rarely happens. This is general advise!

I am not a lawyer so consult with one for your best representation!

M

mthbstr

Yeah, before going all gon-ho with a lawyer, just how bad was it? My back injury put me in suffering for a year and a half. Well, actually, in pain for that long. The actual suffering part of not being able to stand, or sit, or lie down, or walk, or move, nor not move without suffering, that part lasted just a matter of months. I negotiated with my employer to get the physical therapy I needed. But that's what I wanted so I could get my life back. If you want more, you'll have to prove both pain, and suffering, and the employer's failure to provide safety, as part of getting any money from a trial, and you pay the lawyer regardless of the outcome. So again, please tell us more, so we can advise you better.

paidslave

Yeah, before going all gon-ho with a lawyer, just how bad was it? My back injury put me in suffering for a year and a half. Well, actually, in pain for that long. The actual suffering part of not being able to stand, or sit, or lie down, or walk, or move, nor not move without suffering, that part lasted just a matter of months. I negotiated with my employer to get the physical therapy I needed. But that's what I wanted so I could get my life back. If you want more, you'll have to prove both pain, and suffering, and the employer's failure to provide safety, as part of getting any money from a trial, and you pay the lawyer regardless of the outcome. So again, please tell us more, so we can advise you better.

You are wrong! You don't pay for a lawyer unless you win.......Not sure what country you live in?

rod

Retired 22 years
You should talk to a friend? of mine---he's made a carreer out of work comp and settlements. Sadly every center has one or two of them.