Injury during 30 day probation period

westcoastups

What happens if you are injured during your 30 qualifying days? Are you automatically disqualified? On your return from injury will you be able to pick right back up where you left off in the process?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are we talking about a work related injury? If so, are we talking about a lost time injury? I would think that they would put your qualification on hold until you are cleared to return to work. They may even allow you to perform light duty in the building while you are recovering. Take care of yourself first----the job will be there when you come back.

Now, if this is a non-work related injury, all bets are off.

JL 0513

There's only 2 things they stress during your probation. Don't have an accident and don't get hurt. I hate to say that it doesn't look good for you.

If I hurt myself during probation, I wouldn't even report it unless I was completely incapable of doing the job. I'd fight through it. Took way too long to get here.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If you cannot even work with out getting hurt while you are on probation, why would I keep you as an employee long term.

I am sure there a couple of instances that may qualify as not your fault and that would not cloud your future employment at UPS.

30 to life

What happens if you are injured during your 30 qualifying days? Are you automatically disqualified? On your return from injury will you be able to pick right back up where you left off in the process?
Depends on how bad they need you we are in the beginning of vacation season so I wouldn't worry about it

westcoastups

If you cannot even work with out getting hurt while you are on probation, why would I keep you as an employee long term.

I am sure there a couple of instances that may qualify as not your fault and that would not cloud your future employment at UPS.

I understand management's point of view. I've been with the company for over 6 years so I didn't/don't have high expectations for how this will all play out for me. I do feel like I work safe, smart and follow the methods but my body just let me down at a very crucial time.

westcoastups

There's only 2 things they stress during your probation. Don't have an accident and don't get hurt. I hate to say that it doesn't look good for you.

If I hurt myself during probation, I wouldn't even report it unless I was completely incapable of doing the job. I'd fight through it. Took way too long to get here.

I tried fighting through through the pain for a few days, thinking I just had a pulled groin but it turns out to be a little more serious than that. Hopefully I can avoid surgery but it's just rest and wait for the time being.