Injury Reporting

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All Management Employees,

Please take me through your response to the following circumstance:

An employee turns his ankle within 10 minutes he recognizes that this isn't a simple ankle roll that is not an injury. He recognizes he is injured.

Upon this recognition he immediately contacts you and he says the following, and nothing more:

"I was stepping down from my package car and I hurt my ankle?"

Please give a step by step account of how you would respond to this.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives

An employee turns his ankle within 10 minutes he recognizes that this isn't a simple ankle roll that is not an injury. He recognizes he is injured.

Upon this recognition he immediately contacts you and he says the following, and nothing more:

Sincerely,
I

​Get back to work you slacker!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You tell me I, what would you do?

Obviously, the first move would be: Log into Browncafe.com. Next, start a rhetorical, "turd in the punch bowl" thread. Next, answer solid questions with replies like: "Maybe, maybe not." Pro tip: When called out, pass the buck with phrases like, "I don't understand, please elaborate." Or, "Please contribute to this thread in a manner that propagates fruitful discussion." (paraphrase). Now, you're moving in a direction to making wrongs, right. Or maybe, you're just amusing yourself.

Either way, you've probably got more time on your hands than the rest of us working class schmoes have.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Obviously, the first move would be: Log into Browncafe.com. Next, start a rhetorical, "turd in the punch bowl" thread. Next, answer solid questions with replies like: "Maybe, maybe not." Pro tip: When called out, pass the buck with phrases like, "I don't understand, please elaborate." Or, "Please contribute to this thread in a manner that propagates fruitful discussion." (paraphrase). Now, you're moving in a direction to making wrongs, right. Or maybe, you're just amusing yourself.

Either way, you've probably got more time on your hands than the rest of us working class schmoes have.
Harry Manback,

I have never started a thread titled "turd in punch bowl".

Sincerely,
I

BURMDPsupe

First question is "Are you OK?" If the employee states no, the next question is "What happened?" Followed by "Do you think you need medical attention?"

M-

Integrity

Binge Poster

Sincerely,
I

First question is "Are you OK?" If the employee states no, the next question is "What happened?" Followed by "Do you think you need medical attention?"

M-
BURMDsupe,

From the above example I will respond to your post.

You ask "Are you OK?" The employee responds no.

You then ask "What happened?" The employee responds "I was stepping down from my package car and I hurt my ankle."

You then ask "Do you think you need medical attention?" The employee responds no, I don't think so.

What next?

Sincerely,
I

Loyal Teamster

I would act as if his friend and find out details to prove it was his fault. He must have done something wrong. that's why we have to steps to prevent injury all over the hub .
maybe he didn't established firm footing, or improper footwear.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Harry Manback,

I have never started a thread titled "turd in punch bowl".

Sincerely,
I

Metaphorically speaking all of your threads are titled this. Or something along these lines.

How about we send a supervisor out to help you finish the day and you go home and ice it and see how it feels in a couple days before we call it in. Maybe it will go away and we all live happily ever after.

Indecisi0n

Sincerely,
I

First call I made would be to my travel agent to use up all that time off Im going to have!

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Did you maintain three points of contact? If not why? Are your shoes slip resistant? If not why? Did you scan your work area? If not why? Did you establish firm footing? If not why? We you physically and mentally prepared for the workday? If not why? First we will fill out an accident report, where you will admit that you failed to follow the the prescribed safe work methods. Then we will review your file and judge that the injury was avoidable. We are the judge and jury. Remember your well being and safety is paramount to our success as a company, but every injury and accident is your fault whatever the circumstances. First we assess blame, then we attempt to promote a sense of urgency for the "most to gain" employee, with regards to safety.