Insider Information

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I had to ask.

(because you know what was coming after that) ;)

See.... there is that passive aggressive insinuation, like it could change the scope of

negotiations
. If an elected official bought stock while working as a UPS employee, does

that automatically disqualify them from making sound decisions in favor of UPS ?

Haven't we seen numerous members of this forum, acknowledge they have UPS stock ?

People that are pro-Union and anti-company ?

I know your next question would be, how much do you own ?

The answer is $0.00.

Which sometimes I regret....

-Bug-
I have never taken part in the employee stock purchase program either, even though there was as much as a 10% discount to do so.

Never seemed prudent to invest in a Company that I may have to strike???

~Bbbl~™

F

Frankie's Friend

What I have read on there, it is just the press release information, they know nothing more than do we.

IMO, they should have not released that a TA was reached until all supplements/riders were settled.
The company released it for the same reason the union GP dumped Sean O.

Doubleparkedrunner

I had to ask.

(because you know what was coming after that) ;)

See.... there is that passive aggressive insinuation, like it could change the scope of

negotiations
. If an elected official bought stock while working as a UPS employee, does

that automatically disqualify them from making sound decisions in favor of UPS ?

Haven't we seen numerous members of this forum, acknowledge they have UPS stock ?

People that are pro-Union and anti-company ?

I know your next question would be, how much do you own ?

The answer is $0.00.

Which sometimes I regret....

-Bug-
" If an elected official bought stock while working as a UPS employee, does that automatically disqualify them from making sound decisions in favor of UPS?"

--- No, but I would strongly argue it all depends on how much stock they own , Would it not?
If they own a large amount , surely human nature would suggest there may be an unavoidable and inherent conflict of interest.
( which in my view should require someone to sell off or step down if that was the case )

" Haven't we seen numerous members of this forum acknowledge they have UPS stock? "
--- This is clearly a different situation than someone on or involved in a negotiating committee assuming that " numerous members of this forum" are presumed to be of the rank and file hourly classification and do not hold enough power to sway the direction of any particular contract ( their individual vote amongst a sea of thousands would not count imo ).

542thruNthru

Their readership don’t care about your opinion.

Read this mouse boy!
N77NfF.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have never taken part in the employee stock purchase program either, even though there was as much as a 10% discount to do so.

If an elected official bought stock while working as a UPS employee, does that automatically disqualify them from making sound decisions in favor of UPS ?

I'm going to further qualify this statement.

A former Official of my Local (feeder driver) who was elected in to office before me

bought every bit of stock he could, as a UPS employee. Probably to the point, where he

and his family ate "baloney on hand". He was a miser.

Unleashing him on the company was like watching a rabid dog.

He wouldn't give up, even if he knew he couldn't win.

The point being....

Never make assumptions.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm going to further qualify this statement.

A former Official of my Local (feeder driver) who was elected in to office before me

bought every bit of stock he could, as a UPS employee. Probably to the point, where he

and his family ate "baloney on hand". He was a miser.

Unleashing him on the company was like watching a rabid dog.

He wouldn't give up, even if he knew he couldn't win.

The point being....

Never make assumptions.

-Bug-
Cool story....

~Bbbl~™