Insider Information

upschuck

What I have read on there, it is just the press release information, they know nothing more than do we.

IMO, they should have not released that a TA was reached until all supplements/riders were settled.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I have read on there, it is just the press release information, they know nothing more than do we.

IMO, they should have not released that a TA was reached until all supplements/riders were settled.
I disagree, and I'll tell you why.

While the Union and Company are obviously under no obligation to disseminate the information of the tentative agreement to the membership in any prescribed time frame, they are equally at liberty to report anything they want to the press, especially the Company.

In this instance, for these Wall Street analysts to formulate solid stock market predictions, they need much more information than the minimal releases we have been a privy to.

It's for this reason that I believe they saw the whole thing, including actuarial calculations to arrive at their conclusions.

Remember these publications survive on their ability to report information that will make someone money, and that is rarely done on press releases.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I disagree, and I'll tell you why.

While the Union and Company are obviously under no obligation to disseminate the information of the tentative agreement to the membership in any prescribed time frame, they are equally at liberty to report anything they want to the press, especially the Company.

In this instance, for these Wall Street analysts to formulate solid stock market predictions, they need much more information than the minimal releases we have been a privy to.

It's for this reason that I believe they saw the whole thing, including actuarial calculations to arrive at their conclusions.

Remember these publications survive on their ability to report information that will make someone money, and that is rarely done on press releases.

The IBT in conjunction with UPS;

Are somehow....

Trying to manipulate the stock market, by leaking information to them ?

Is that what I'm reading ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The IBT in conjunction with UPS;

Are somehow....

Trying to manipulate the stock market, by leaking information to them ?

Is that what I'm reading ?

-Bug-
No, in this instance, my indictment would be squarely on UPS for sharing this information with various press outlets to promote the sale of it's stock and ease customer concern of a strike.

....but in retrospect, it would be interesting to see how many shares of UPS stock reside in the portfolios of those sitting on the 2018 National Negotiating Committee.

~Bbbl~™

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Lets not get too deep into an article from some investor website. Its mostly all click-bait anyways. Lets all be happy with the minor correction this week that UPS is back up to 1.5x the market cap of Fedex where it should be.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Funny you guys take this as gospel when as far as you l know I could have wrote the article. These “investment websites” like Seeking Alpha pay freelance writers for their opinion. Some of these “investment contributor writers” have horrible track records.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Funny you guys take this as gospel when as far as you l know I could have wrote the article. These “investment websites” like Seeking Alpha pay freelance writers for their opinion. Some of these “investment contributor writers” have horrible track records.
All the words in blue in the story I posted are links to the sources used to write the article, kind of like footnotes.

If you click on them, you'll see almost all of them are to a nearly 100 year old publication called, Barron's Magazine, a highly respected resource since it's inception in 1921.

Barron's - Google Search

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All the words in blue in the story I posted are links to the sources used to write the article, kind of like footnotes.

If you click on them, you'll see almost all of them are to a nearly 100 year old publication called, Barron's Magazine, a highly respected resource since it's inception in 1921.

Barron's - Google Search
I unnderstand what Barron’s is, I also understand how the investment world works and how the giants of yesteryear are trying to hold onto the reputation they once had. These dinosaurs days are numbered, posting more sensational headlines than the next is the name of the game, backing their analyst predictions with agenda opinions.

Ximun8

They did seem to get this part right, "...Bernstein analyst David Vernon, who is optimistic about the company’s recent agreement with the Teamsters labor union that he thinks will contribute to slower wage growth."

Seems to me that the members, analysts, and UPS all see the agreement as slowing wage growth--everyone except for the negotiating committee.

M

MenInBrown

This news is common sense. Everyone already knows this. This is the same cycle for the stock every contract year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No, in this instance, my indictment would be squarely on UPS for sharing this information with various press outlets to promote the sale of it's stock and ease customer concern of a strike.

I had to ask.

(because you know what was coming after that) ;)

but in retrospect, it would be interesting to see how many shares of UPS stock reside in the portfolios of those sitting on the 2018 National Negotiating Committee.

See.... there is that passive aggressive insinuation, like it could change the scope of

negotiations
. If an elected official bought stock while working as a UPS employee, does

that automatically disqualify them from making sound decisions in favor of UPS ?

Haven't we seen numerous members of this forum, acknowledge they have UPS stock ?

People that are pro-Union and anti-company ?

I know your next question would be, how much do you own ?

The answer is $0.00.

Which sometimes I regret....

-Bug-