Integrad Training Poll

Have you been to Integrad Training?

• Total voters

Cagey1

Hi Folks,

I was a member of the 6th class at Integrad Landover, MD, I had forgotten how much time has passed so my musings might be dated.

I had a great Integrad great experience. The pace of learning was intense, for sure, but I never felt as if the facilitators were trying to beat us down. Rather, I found that their varied teaching techniques were designed to prepare our bodies and our character to cope with the kinetic multitasking required to do the job safely and meticulously. Folks with military experience will be familiar with the style; folks with higher education degrees will not.

It is not easy. Everyone in the class will be frustrated and share it, previous driving experience will help in some ways but hurt in others as you will likely need to unlearn bad habits. Grown men may even cry, I saw it. Humility is good for you as none of us are superhuman even as you learn to things with great skill.

PAY ATTENTION. Don't take shortcuts in your methods, just strive to be efficient so the 'path of least resistance' works for you instead of against you. Get the 5 seeing habits (all good kids like milk) and 10 point commentary down, get the flashcards for it look at them randomly when you are not in class. Get your head on a swivel while on your feet and your eyes to the mirrors when you are in the driving chair - you should NEVER be surprised.

GET YOUR PAPERWORK DONE RIGHT. In our organization documentation is how we are all eventually judged, if you can't document stuff properly you will never be credited for your successes and protected from inappropriate blame for failure. In the group competition my gang had to face another with two candidates who got nearly perfect on-road scores but lost out on the goodie pile because they couldn't fill out their DVIRs properly.

Hope this is helpful to y'all