Integrity needs some counsel about reporting safety concerns to committee members.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What is the procedure for reporting safety concerns to your hourly safety committee member?

Please be as detailed as possible.

There has been questions as to whether employees have the right to report concerns to their safety reps as opposed to bringing the issue to management.

Is there a form in place to report this concern in writing?

Are you to bring these issues up while on the clock?

How does the whole process work and what does it look like in your area?

I thank you in advance for your participation and counsel.

Sincerely,
I

kingOFchester

Re: Integrity needs some counsel about reporting safety concerns to committee members

Bring up to member, on the clock I assume. Safety member addresses issue during safety meeting. Then it gets written in minutes. Then it gets written in concerns log. Then from there, it depends on the issue, the management and so forth.

Indecisi0n

Re: Integrity needs some counsel about reporting safety concerns to committee members

You walk up to the committee member and speak to him. Don't over think it.

ups hero

Integrity,
To help you with your question, I am a safety co-chair on my shift. Report your issue to anybody on the committee OR management. Don't ever worry about going straight to management before letting someone on the committee know first. If somebody on my shift brought a concern up and went straight to management before telling me, I would not be offended one bit. Safety is everybody's concern. Sometimes ( depending on the situation) the process can drag out , and take longer than expected . But like I said depending on the situation and if they consider it a safety concern or just somebody "complaining" , in which I hear a lot of...lol. However, I tell management EVERY concern I receive. Better safe than sorry, and keeping my neighbor and myself safer. Hope this helps you out some.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

i recall you were gonna call the local news awhile ago to fix some other crap you were spewing about.. i talked to jesus a few mins ago and he said the answer is for you to leave the forum,, but hey, he works in mysterious ways

ups hero

I also forgot to tell answer your other questions .
You could always write your concern down on paper or just verbally telling a member or management. My opinion on who you go to first depends on who you think will actually follow through and not "forget ". Depends on your committee and your management in your area. To be safer, tell both. Doesn't matter if you tell them on/off the clock. If its a serious matter, I'd tell them ASAP. If its something not Really serious. I'd definitely wait till your in the clock. ..that's the hourly side of me coming out.. Lol

frivolous petty small.

I am also a safety co-chair or safety champion whatever your building uses, I second what ups hero and hellfire said.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Think about telling someone. Realize it wont matter. Ignore it and move on.

Returntosender

UPS is reactive when it comes to safety. Someone has to get get hurt inorder for a change to occur. Don't you notice when someone gets hurt and it's a DART. Staffiing issues is no longer an issue. Once Liberty mutual and OSHA finished their injury invetigation. Staffing will returmn to skeleton crew. Till another person gets hurt then the cycle repeats itself.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Oh, it's you again asking questions you already know the answers that have been given in other threads. Nothing new here folks, just rhetorical questioning again. Perhaps you can start a thread on using the search function for all of these rehashed questions.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Think about telling someone. Realize it wont matter. Ignore it and move on.
He's already tried that. I advised him on what to do in another thread and apparently he felt the need to start another thread on information he's already been given. Imagine that.