integrity, our hero

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity is a fictional, delusional and flexible attribute to a small percentage of employees of UPS. Some hourly and more management. Pick a more realistic avatar as these two opposite ends of the spectrum with interpret to their own benefit.

Dear browned out,
Integrity is defined as steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.
Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i

a quick question.

does a criminal that hides behind the 5th ammendment show integrity, when he refuses to give any information that might incriminate him?

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dear dannyboy,
i

i have a problem with a total anonymous group where action and policy is gathered.

If this is a problem for you then I would not recommend this group.

in the past, there have been people that have been anonymous that have claimed to be much more than what they actually were. so you end up with bs and information that is not correct.

I am not worried about this, "good faith" and quality discussion should minimize the occurance of this. Addressing the merit of the issue, regardless of who brings forth the issues. Who brings forth the issue is completely irrelevant to the merits of the issue. "Principles above personalities" will be the goal.

what i would suggest is that while your/others anonymity is appropriate, perhaps we could get an unrelated third party to verify the claims made by those involved, so we actually know who (experience/expertise wise) we are talking to. that way, you get real input, real answers, and real experience in your brainstorming.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will not be using a third party. Most issues if not all the issues at UPS arise as the result of someone working for UPS not following some already written policy, procedure, methods or training. Most of the discussion will be comparing what is being done that is a concern with what is clearly written in UPS documents. That will be the starting point. Maybe you can start a group and implement the third party aspect and we can compare notes as to the positive gains we are making.

there are many here that i have trusted with my personal information, and those people, including mods and cheryl, have never made any of this information available to ups or any other entity.

I have given all the personal information that I currently plan to.

one last thing. true leaders do not ask people to follow them, they lead by example. which kinda goes back to earlier threads?

That is not exactly true. The greatest leader of all time has used the words "follow me", however I get your point. If someone wants to join one of my groups, they are welcome. If not then that is their decision and I respect that decision fully.

d

Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
am not worried about this, "good faith" and quality discussion should minimize the occurance of this.

how can you have "good faith" and quality discussions with someone that introduces himself with a god complex?

That is not exactly true. The greatest leader of all time has used the words "follow me", however I get your point. If someone wants to join one of my groups, they are welcome. If not then that is their decision and I respect that decision fully.
i would add to that statement that hundreds of the greatest misleaders of all time also used the words follow me.

but i also understand with your god complex postings, why you would identify with the one good leader..........

sorry, while the goal is worthy, the methods are less than honorable.

change your mind, i would be interested. otherwise a waste of time.

personally, i still get the feeling you are fishing for something, and not really interested in actual improvement of the work area at ups.

d

tieguy

Banned
Dear tieguy,
I am very sorry that I am coming across pompous. I am only trying to clearly state what the true standards and ideals of UPS are as they are stated in the UPS Charter, the current UPS Policy Book, and the Code of Business Conduct. Most of what I say is directly out of a UPS document of some kind however, I will try to me more careful with the words that I choose. Please forgive me if I offended you in any way.
Sincerely,
I

The problem my friend may be you're kind of coming across like the church guy preaching religion and salvation to us all.
UPS is for better or worse comprised of a bunch of individuals. Some do their job real well others do not. All of us have faults. As Jesus said let him without sin throw the first stone.
Are you that guy? Are you without sin?

Your schtick as someone named integrity is creative and entertaining though.

CharleyHustle

I am Integrity. I exist in the forefront of all UPS standards and ideals. I am talked about a lot but I am seldom truly welcome at UPS. I am laughed at and scoffed, mocked and ridiculed. That doesn't change me, I am Integrity.
I

I totaly disagree with this whole statement. With 30 years, the people I've met at UPS who strive everyday to do their job with the upmost integrity far, far out number the ones who don't. I don't think any enterprise could survive as UPS has without the people who work there achiving a very high level of integrity and trust. I would be very interested to know when integrity was not welcome, or scoffed and laughed at.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I totaly disagree with this whole statement. With 30 years, the people I've met at UPS who strive everyday to do their job with the upmost integrity far, far out number the ones who don't. I don't think any enterprise could survive as UPS has without the people who work there achiving a very high level of integrity and trust. I would be very interested to know when integrity was not welcome, or scoffed and laughed at.

Dear CharleyHustle,
It is great that you have met such fine people at UPS. I had great hopes that they were out there somewhere. I think an enterprise like UPS could survive for quite some time without a very high level of integrity. I don't think an enterprise like UPS could have been built without it.

I know a sort supervisor who was really troubled by the poor treatment of the customer's packages that he noticed in his hub. He made a committment to himself that he was going to improve the handling of his employees. His workers were handling near to perfection but his pieces per hour dropped considerably. Leaving out the complete details, the result was he quickly found out that you were putting your job on the line and really upsetting the status quo if you focused too much on proper handling in the operations. He was forced to accept the status quo mentality of "just get it done and make the numbers look good." In this instance package handling with integrity was not welcomed , it was scoffed and laughed at.

Sincerely,
I

tieguy

Banned
So he had no integrity and allowed people to throw packages. He then suddenly decided to start doing his job and expecting good package handling. In so doing he now sacrificed productivity and sold the message that you can do one or the other but not both. when he should have trained his people the right way the first time. My experience has been that people who throw packages do not sort any faster they just throw packages. Your supervisor example still has no integrity. Thats not the orginizations fault it is his fault.

In this fight for total integrity you do expect us to fire the sorters for throwing packages? After all integrity can not be applied to people of your choosing?

Dustyroads

I can't fault anyone who choses to keep their identity secret here. I mean, everyone seems to use these catchy little names, like Dustyroads, and I really don't see many people posting their photos of themself, except STUG, and look what happened to him. If I is a supervisor or manager, well, I really don't blame him for keeping his identity secret, the axe is swinging in that camp, and I think everyone on that side of the fence is running scared right now.

So, I guess I think the guy has as much right to write stuff here as anyone. If I think he's being a jerk or a goofball, I'll tell him, and I suspect he will take it well, shoot, he'd probably apologize.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Dear dannyboy,

I don't know what lies you are refering to, but let me clarify any misunderstanding that may have come up as a result of the attempt to unmask Integrity.

I will reveal exactly what I want to reveal, at the time and place of my choosing.

If anyone is going to judge Integrity's integrity by the secrecy of his secret identity as a lack of integrity then that is a flaw in my mission I will have to live with.

To clear up any misunderstanding, I offer the following statement for you and for all the Brown Cafe members who will read this post:

I am Integrity. I exist in the forefront of all UPS standards and ideals. I am talked about a lot but I am seldom truly welcome at UPS. I am laughed at and scoffed, mocked and ridiculed. That doesn't change me, I am Integrity.

Batman has Bruce Wayne, Spiderman has Peter Parker, Superman has Clark Kent and Integrity has "a mild manner UPS worker". This "mild mannered UPS worker" has been with UPS for 15-30 years. I have not and I will not give the specific years of service but you can be sure it falls within that range. I will not give any specific details as to the job that "the mild mannered UPS worker " holds for UPS. My secret identity must remain secret. I hope this doesn't prevent me from earning credibility here in the Brown Cafe Community, if it does, so be it.
Sincerely,
I
You alone consider mercy
After it seems that all you get is pain

And you have found the courage
That others could not find

You alone have the wisdom
To take this world and make it into
What it needs to be
Wants to be
Will be, someday

You'll see the day
The day you understand

Why there ain't no such thing
As a SUPERMAN

CharleyHustle

"just get it done and make the numbers look good." I

Bud, who are you attributing this quote to? When you put words in quotation marks, that means someone said those exact words. In 30 years I've never heard any supervisor say anything close to this remark. Now maybe you, at sometime had a pimply faced, wet behind the ears part time sup utter this to you, but I'm starting to doubt it. Then of course we have the "status quo" remark. Who's "status quo"? The company? Or, more likely yours? It seems to me you are in a not uncommon situation at UPS where you are totally overwelmed by the enviorment at a well paying but very demanding company.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
im sorry, i have to call your hand on this one.
I know a sort supervisor who was really troubled by the poor treatment of the customer's packages that he noticed in his hub.

so i guess he awakened one day and said oh my god, we have a serious problem? how bad was it? specifics please.

He made a committment to himself that he was going to improve the handling of his employees.

huh???? so he was sorting his employees? how hard was he throwing them around, was he kicking them, specifics please.

His workers were handling near to perfection but his pieces per hour dropped considerably.

oh wow, so you are saying that when he quit throwing the employees around, dropping them to the floor, they started handling the packaged differently? why would the pph drop, were they that hard up for mistreatment, that was the only way for them to get back at them?

sounds like munchausen syndrome, we need to get the employees help as quickly as possible. good thing you are on the job to catch this type of behavior. btw, you do actually work at ups? just wondering with all the fairytale posts you previously made......

Leaving out the complete details,

you are really good at leaving out the complete details. come to think of it, your pretty good at leaving out all the details. you do know that is one of the signs of a pathalogical liar? you dont paint yourself into a corner with details?, so someone with the actual truth cant come by to post otherwise

the result was he quickly found out that you were putting your job on the line and really upsetting the status quo if you focused too much on proper handling in the operations.

ok, this is where you force me to call you a liar. there is no way you can tell me that packages handled by the methods will get damaged more than the norm. ups pays all their employees to treat each package properly, and the pph numbers have not one damn thing to do with it. and if you actually knew what the heck you were rambling about, you would never have given this lame by the box excuse. please, i know you feel totally superior to all of us, be we are not that stupid.

this is the type of excuse a person uses when he is too lazy to do the work he is getting paid to do properly. a person without integrity.

but yet you think it worthy enough to post here?

He was forced to accept the status quo mentality of "just get it done and make the numbers look good." In this instance package handling with integrity was not welcomed , it was scoffed and laughed at.

laughed at by whom? if the employees were too rough with the packages, it was his job to stop it. and it was within his power to fire them for damaging packages intentionally, which is basically what you are describing. there is no manager or sup that is forced to accept employees that are damaging packages. period.

just to make the numbers look good? does it make you feel good to post such dribble you know dang well is not true?
i...i....i...i,

your post rambled all over the place. did you not take your meds today?

how does the treatment of employees by management affect the proper handling of packages?

please, be detailed, i know you can do it!

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
Bud, who are you attributing this quote to? When you put words in quotation marks, that means someone said those exact words. In 30 years I've never heard any supervisor say anything close to this remark. Now maybe you, at sometime had a pimply faced, wet behind the ears part time sup utter this to you, but I'm starting to doubt it. Then of course we have the "status quo" remark. Who's "status quo"? The company? Or, more likely yours? It seems to me you are in a not uncommon situation at UPS where you are totally overwelmed by the enviorment at a well paying but very demanding company.

Dear CharleyHustle,
It so great to hear that there is somewhere in UPS that a 30 year UPSer can say such a wonderful thing. I commend the supervisors that you have mentioned. This should give hope to UPS employees in areas where they can't say this type of thing.
Sincerely,
I

tieguy

Banned
Dear CharleyHustle,
It so great to hear that there is somewhere in UPS that a 30 year UPSer can say such a wonderful thing. I commend the supervisors that you have mentioned. This should give hope to UPS employees in areas where they can't say this type of thing.
Sincerely,
I

Do you speak like you post here in the real world. Do you realize that if you do not that your speech making shows you lack integrity?

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
tie, that is what his profile shows, that he is a bot. limited and artificial intel for sure, but can learn to react in a limited predetermined way. speach pattern and word usage also suggests a bot. problem is most bots have access to spell check, but not this one.

the only other way this type of speach pattern can exist is that the big i is from india.

that is what the profile suggests.

d