Interesting Article About Teamsters Pension For All The Haters

dezguy

Hmmm.... Didn't have to pay a dime into their retirement vs. having to fund your own retirement.

Would I be pissed about it? Yup, but in the end their pension is funded by the company while mine is self funded. Call me a hater all you want but I think most would agree, they're getting a better deal.

Oldfart

Hmmm.... Didn't have to pay a dime into their retirement vs. having to fund your own retirement.

Would I be :censored2: about it? Yup, but in the end their pension is funded by the company while mine is self funded. Call me a hater all you want but I think most would agree, they're getting a better deal.
My pension is 100% funded by Fedex. BOTH of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
35,000 Teamster members in New York face pension cuts

A very selective piece chosen by a shill. I know several Teamster retirees who are at $5,500 per month. How does that compare to what FedEx offers?

Did you know our pilots are union? Besides being in the top 10 percent of pilot pay, they also get a very generous pension and medical much better than ours. None of them will discuss it with us, probably a condition written into the contract.

I have a close friend of 30 years who is an MD11 captain. Only his family and peers know what the benefits are. All he will say is that he is "very happy".

Evil union thugs.

bacha29

My pension is 100% funded by Fedex. BOTH of them.[/Q Funded yes guaranteed benefits,no. Keep that in mind. One thing to remember. back in the 1970's the courts handed down a ruling that in the case of a defined benefit pension plan if the contributor can prove that they have paid in more than what was needed to meet the benefit requirements they were then entitled to a refund of the surplus.The teamster pension plan had to hoark up a 300 million dollar hair ball to hand back to Roadway. Where did you think Dan Sullivan got the money to start up Roadway Package System? Keep one other thing in mind when it comes to pension plans they can be declared insolvent by federal regulators then liquidated with the money remaining payed out in a lump sum to beneficiaries . Mr Oldfart you might think that what you're going to get is a sure bet but you're the only one on this thread..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My pension is 100% funded by Fedex. BOTH of them.

You have one pension, and one annuity. Perhaps someone can explain this to you in crayon so you can understand it. Your Traditional is worth only half what a Teamster UPS driver will receive for comparable service. It's easy for FedEx to fund one crappy pension and one piss-poor annuity because the dollar amounts are peanuts compared to UPS.

It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't even know what the RLA is or able to comprehend it's impact. Further, why do you suppose Fred S has spent so much money to make sure we stay under the RLA?

I'm sure Fast Freddie wishes every employee was just like you...ignorant and thinking they have a "great deal".

Oldfart

You have one pension, and one annuity. Perhaps someone can explain this to you in crayon so you can understand it. Your Traditional is worth only half what a Teamster UPS driver will receive for comparable service. It's easy for FedEx to fund one crappy pension and one piss-poor annuity because the dollar amounts are peanuts compared to UPS.

It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't even know what the RLA is or able to comprehend it's impact. Further, why do you suppose Fred S has spent so much money to make sure we stay under the RLA?

I'm sure Fast Freddie wishes every employee was just like you...ignorant and thinking they have a "great deal".
I will take my $130k annuity and its 4% return and add it to the rest of my retirement plan.

It is hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone that hates life so bad that they would complain if a supermodel was servicing him because she had bad breath.

Moronic people can't comprehend that the Traditional that I was in had maxed out a coupe of years before the Portable was created. I might have gotten a few dollars more with by best 5 years growing but nowhere near the $130k I will have in a couple of years. The Portable was an excellent addition to the people in my shoes. You are just too ignorant in money matters to understand that. Please read a book about financial plans and maybe you will learn something. You can't read Mad Magazine your entire life.