Interesting finds?

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I found a wallet today on the side of the road and was able to return it to its rightful owner, who was so thankful. Over the years I've found wallets, cell phones, a few purses even an iPad. Anybody ever find anything really interesting?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Maybe 4 or 5 years ago I happened upon a California King Snake while I was in a residential neighborhood.

It was a pet that someone likely released on purpose because he was a nasty bastard (they are usually pretty docile and make excellent pets, and the CAKS isn't indigenous to New Jersey) but I was able to corral him and brought him to the municipal animal shelter.

I guess he was maybe 3 feet long or so. Definitely not the biggest I've seen, but probably also big enough to kill a toy dog or a cat if it happened upon one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just curious, did the owner of the wallet offer a reward?

I found an expensive camera once and returned it to the local police who found the owners. Not even a thank you from these people. I wasn't expecting any reward but a thank you would have been nice.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
The lady offered me $20 which I refused. The wallet had her passport the key to a safe deposit box several credit cards her license Social Security cards etc. Luckily there was a receipt in the wallet that had her phone number on it and I was able to track her down. It felt pretty good she was extremely relieved.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9.5er

Found a man's wedding band as I walked up a driveway. It was lying in the grass. Had a couple diamonds in it. The sunlight caught it just right as I passed by. Made an envelope out of a couple delivery notices and left it under the package.
Now that I think of it, I hope they didn't think it was trash and toss it.

Future

Victory Ride
The lady offered me $20 which I refused. The wallet had her passport the key to a safe deposit box several credit cards her license Social Security cards etc. Luckily there was a receipt in the wallet that had her phone number on it and I was able to track her down. It felt pretty good she was extremely relieved.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Was she hot???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was it really your place to go through her wallet rather than bringing it intact and untouched to the police station?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What if the wallet owner was a ***** and accused you of taking a few $$$?

Oh well? I do see your point, but for me, I wouldn't worry about that.

I always wondered if some cops somewhere didn't dip in as well. Not all are 100 percent honest.

9.5er

It's quite possible that's how the ring ended up in the grass in the first place LOL

Or some cheating husband could have dropped it instead of putting it in his pocket as he went out to meet his mistress.
Ring looked fairly new. Not many scratches for wear and tear.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a guy locally who found a purse lying on the ground. He took it upon himself to go through the purse, looking for ID. All he could find was a membership card to a local golf course. He calls the golf course and they gave him this ladies home address and phone number. Thankfully it all worked well in this situation but you can imagine what could have happened had the guy been less than trustworthy.

I still can't believe the golf course gave out her personal information so freely.

BrownTexas

Their was a story of a man in Austin finding a wallet from a tourist on New Jersey. Mailed him his wallet with a note saying "I found your wallet and hope it makes it back to you. Everything is as it was minus a few bucks that I used for postage."