Interesting finds?

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Was it really your place to go through her wallet rather than bringing it intact and untouched to the police station?
My goal was to get it to her before she had to cancel all of her credit cards. I guess I selfishly wanted a little bit of the credit for finding it and to know if she ever received it back. No she wasn't hot.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Their was a story of a man in Austin finding a wallet from a tourist on New Jersey. Mailed him his wallet with a note saying "I found your wallet and hope it makes it back to you. Everything is as it was minus a few bucks that I used for postage."

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. I did something like that myself with a wallet I found that contained over $400 bucks and credit cards. I called the guys house (his drivers license was from another state) and left a message telling him I was sending it to him. I know if I ever lost my billfold who ever found it could keep the money. The joy of not dealing with lost credit cards/ drivers license would be worth the cash reward. Personally I wouldn't trust turning it over to a cop. I would rather deal with whoever lost it myself. I got a real nice thank you card from him----with an extra 20 in it.

9.5er

I found a wallet in a grocery store parking lot. As I got out of the truck to pick it up I saw a man walking toward it. He obviously had already seen it. I thought it might be his so I flipped it open to see the ID. Nope not his. Carried it into the store and asked for the manager. He came over and I handed it over to him. He immediately opened it and started counting the money. I don't know if the wallet made it back to it's owner but I feel I did the right thing by carrying it in to the manager. Now did he do the right thing ? Who knows.

BTW there appeared to be a lot of cash in there. Could have had a heck of a lunch break if I were even a little dishonest.

FilingBluesFL

Here's a question:

If you find a wallet with cash, and look up the guys profile on facebook, and you see that he Sells/Deals weed, is it wrong to keep it?

A guy I know that moved out of state dealt and always kept a lot of cash in small bills in his wallet lol he never lost his wallet though.

That's kinda the only reason I can think of that anyone would have a lot of cash in their wallet these days

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Was it really your place to go through her wallet rather than bringing it intact and untouched to the police station?
Only if you wanted it to get back to the rightful owner intact.

If we took money we could be prosecuted ... the police will keep the money unless the owner could prove it was their money. Probably have to provide serial numbers.

Cops seize property and cash all the time in Georgia.

I would always try and get it to the owner first without going through the cops.

The cops don't need you and they expect the same.

Johney

Here's a question:

If you find a wallet with cash, and look up the guys profile on facebook, and you see that he Sells/Deals weed, is it wrong to keep it?

A guy I know that moved out of state dealt and always kept a lot of cash in small bills in his wallet lol he never lost his wallet though.

That's kinda the only reason I can think of that anyone would have a lot of cash in their wallet these days
If they put on FB that they deal dope losing their wallet isn't going to be their only problem.

Future

Victory Ride
I am on the fence today......In the words of Shakespeare....To call in or not to call in....that my friends is the question!