Intergrad Advice From Any Vets?

deeznutz

Hello fellow UPSERS. I just got awarded the bid to temp drive at my center. I am supposed to go to Landover MD to Intergrad on 11/ 3. My family and I have sacrificed so much for this opportunity so I can't mess it up. Can anyone tell me what they did to A: Prepare for and pass the center driving test. B: Learn the 10point commentary and 5 seeing habits verbatim. C: Anyone that passed Intergrad tell me how to prepare myself best and a little of what to expect when I arrive. Dont try and freak me out rather than simply inform me on how you got er done. Thanks to everyone that reads and posts! Chris

IlllIIllIIlllIllIIIlIlIlI

When they have you deliver on that mock town, focus on doing everything exactly as they told you. You'll lose 3 points for not delivering a stop, but they'll take 3 points for every time you forget to honk, yell ups at a stop, etc. Just take your time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I memorized the 5 seeing habits by just reading and re-reading them over and over until I couldn't possibly forget them.

The 10pt commentary, you need to Only know the 10 bolded phrases, and the general meaning of them.

Don't stress too much over it, it's not as bad as people make it out to be, in fact, I actually enjoyed my week "vacation" down there.

When you go on your "around the town" driving for the "driver drill", holler out as much as you can, never stop talking. lol. It doesn't make sense now, but when you get there you'll understand perfectly what I mean.

BUCN85

Don't stress about it. My last day is tomrow. Yes I have been with ups for 5 years as a loader/helper and most recently an air driver. So some of the stuff I was already aware of. But it isn't bad. 5 seeing habbits. All. Good. Kids. Like. Milk. 10 pt. know the bold. Yard safety. "3 Ds. SS LO VE. CO. KE" designated doorways, walkways, break are. Obey SIGNS and wear SEATBELT, all vehicle Lights are Operable. Employees must wear VEst in yard. Workers must place orange COne in work area when in yard KEys must be out of ignition and with employee when vehicle is stopped. Prevent slips and falls. WES LA. You should get the study paper work and it will all make sense. When doing computer testing start with Diad training. It's the longest.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello fellow UPSERS. I just got awarded the bid to temp drive at my center. I am supposed to go to Landover MD to Intergrad on 11/ 3. My family and I have sacrificed so much for this opportunity so I can't mess it up. Can anyone tell me what they did to A: Prepare for and pass the center driving test. B: Learn the 10point commentary and 5 seeing habits verbatim. C: Anyone that passed Intergrad tell me how to prepare myself best and a little of what to expect when I arrive. Dont try and freak me out rather than simply inform me on how you got er done. Thanks to everyone that reads and posts! Chris

​What the hell is Intergrad?

BUCN85

Here's a way to help 10 pt I took from a post of mine
Here's a good way to remember. This won't be exact. But abbreviated. Use the study sheet for more help
1.one car length
2. 2 lefts
3. Count 123
4. 4-6 second follow time
5. Use of mirrors
6. Scan steering wheels( remember S)
7. Stale green lights ( S again)
8. 8-12 second eye lead
9. Look of left shoulder( when u do this in your truck ur body looks like a 9. It actually doesn't at all but it's so ridiculous u won't forget it)
10. Eye contact. 0 looks like an eye
Again. Only abbreviated here. Make use to use study guides for exact

Cementups

Box Monkey
Oh for the love of Pete!!!! Learn to use the search function people!!!!

tumblr_lbwyf8TfKe1qzkrg9.gif

Here's a way to help 10 pt I took from a post of mine
Here's a good way to remember. This won't be exact. But abbreviated. Use the study sheet for more help
1.one car length
2. 2 lefts
3. Count 123
4. 4-6 second follow time (under 30mph 6-8 seconds over 30mph)
5. Use of mirrors
6. Scan steering wheels( remember S)
7. Stale green lights ( S again)
8. 8-12 second eye lead
9. Look of left shoulder( when u do this in your truck ur body looks like a 9. It actually doesn't at all but it's so ridiculous u won't forget it)
10. Eye contact. 0 looks like an eye
Again. Only abbreviated here. Make use to use study guides for exact

BUCN85

Rules for backing BUDCOWS is dumb. Here's one I came up with. Same words. Differnt order( I put them in order which you actually perform them) Only Stupid Boys Don't Use Correct Workmethods. Cheesey yes. But it works

jaker

trolling
Integrad is like high school they make you learn all this stuff , but once you get into the real world you don't use half of it