Internal position question

Bandspy

Long story short, I am a FT driver 5 years with company. I applied for a FT management position. Job closed on Oct 7th. Application status now reads, "Candidate Selected Not Scheduled". This is my first time applying for such a position so I am unfamiliar with the process.

Does that application status indicate what I think it means, and I am already removed from further consideration or, simply that I have not been scheduled as of yet for an interview.

Thank you.

MzTeaze

Long story short, I am a FT driver 5 years with company. I applied for a FT management position. Job closed on Oct 7th. Application status now reads, "Candidate Selected Not Scheduled". This is my first time applying for such a position so I am unfamiliar with the process.

Does that application status indicate what I think it means, and I am already removed from further consideration or, simply that I have not been scheduled as of yet for an interview.

Thank you.

No. The hiring process can take awhile. My process took a little over a month.

But, if you are immediately ruled out, you will get a message regarding status change from open to either Active or On File (if not selected to move to next part of process).

Bandspy

You haven't been scheduled. Internal policy says the hiring manager has 5 days to select candidates, but in reality it takes longer.
Just a little startling to see that. Was hoping it was the latter and not the former. My thought was, don't disqualify me before at least providing me a chance to screw it up myself.

Bandspy

It says that as soon as the manager approves your application.

May I trouble you again with a couple more questions?

Is it normal to reopen the job announcement after being closed? The announcement was opened a few days ago and will close again on 10-26. What would the reason be behind that?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
May I trouble you again with a couple more questions?

Is it normal to reopen the job announcement after being closed? The announcement was opened a few days ago and will close again on 10-26. What would the reason be behind that?
They didn't have candidates they thought we qualified, or not enough applicants. I'd look at another job.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Wouldn't they update an application status to reflect that? I am still pending an interview. How long did it take you to go through with your management processes for your position?
My process took 6 weeks. But I've seen some take 2 and other 3 months. You're going to see it all winding down now that peak is coming, they won't make big moves before hand.