International Transfer?

Lykilios

Hi, so I've been at UPS for a few months now and more or less enjoy the job, preloader. I originally applied because UPS is an international company and I was hoping after a year or two I could transfer to a new country on a work visa, I don't care about any seniority in the building or any of that, I just don't want to have to quit and then have to reapply in whatever country I ended up in, which seems to be what everyone thinks is easier. I just want to know if it's possible without a huge headache, and the quit and reapply process.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hi, so I've been at UPS for a few months now and more or less enjoy the job, preloader. I originally applied because UPS is an international company and I was hoping after a year or two I could transfer to a new country on a work visa, I don't care about any seniority in the building or any of that, I just don't want to have to quit and then have to reapply in whatever country I ended up in, which seems to be what everyone thinks is easier. I just want to know if it's possible without a huge headache, and the quit and reapply process.
Probably not. Each country is essentially a different operating entity

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I knew a senior PT'er that tried to do this when his wife got a job overseas. It completely fell through and 2-3 years later when she returned state side, he was rehired and had to start over from 16+ years of seniority.

Lykilios

I knew a senior PT'er that tried to do this when his wife got a job overseas. It completely fell through and 2-3 years later when she returned state side, he was rehired and had to start over from 16+ years of seniority.
See but I'm 18, single, and ready to cut every tie in the states, ive got nothing to pull me back

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't punch out yet Maverick! Still a good chance Cankles Clinton won't be elected!

worldwide

You could always move to New Jersey - it's pretty much an international location in Newark, Secaucus and Jersey City. Even the UPS CEO thinks NJ is international...

"He jokingly said his first international assignment was when he and his wife were transferred to New Jersey. “We both cried,” he said."
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...o-elect-david-abney+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Four years later, they moved me to New Jersey, and I cried all the way there. But it turned out to be the best thing that could’ve happened. It took me out of my comfort zone, and I learned how to work with people who have different beliefs and different cultures than I was used to.”
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ta-native-david-abneys-rise-ups-ceo/71929494/

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I8kq0uJ.gif

MilanFC

Don't punch out yet Maverick! Still a good chance Cankles Clinton won't be elected!
This is the 3/3 threads I've ever read on this website. Every single one of them maybe started with semi-decent banter then degrades into derogatory comments on women. My favorite was a wife trying to inquire about international transfer and several men suggesting she suck their dicks. No one stands up for her against this nor ask that we judge female politicians on merit and not appearance? Hillary started life as a Republican for those of you that care to look up her resume, instead of her bustline, and only changed sides because of the civil rights issues of the 60's and is therefore one of the most moderate Dems out there. Her legal accomplishments are still referenced as "precedent setting" for child welfare cases- she has done good things in her life and somewhat shady things- in other words she is like every other male politician in DC, except that she has a vagina. Every one of you came from a woman's body, and some of you likely have daughters, yet after years of fighting disenfranchisement we are still treated like cattle at a state fair behind the apparantly fake impression that we are in an equal society. I understand that even the most compassionate person tires of political correctness and thus explaning Trump's ascension- but all you have to do is read a little bit what his base (uneducated white men- ie. most of the UPS non-corporate work force) really thinks of women (and minorities and immigrants) to understand why political correctness was necessitated by law. In the 50's you could openly judge a woman for fat ankles in the workplace (instead of secretly behind anonymous avatars) instead of judging her with thoughtful critique of her accomplishments, which I can promise you are a hell of a lot more then yours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is the 3/3 threads I've ever read on this website. Every single one of them maybe started with semi-decent banter then degrades into derogatory comments on women. My favorite was a wife trying to inquire about international transfer and several men suggesting she suck their dicks. No one stands up for her against this nor ask that we judge female politicians on merit and not appearance? Hillary started life as a Republican for those of you that care to look up her resume, instead of her bustline, and only changed sides because of the civil rights issues of the 60's and is therefore one of the most moderate Dems out there. Her legal accomplishments are still referenced as "precedent setting" for child welfare cases- she has done good things in her life and somewhat shady things- in other words she is like every other male politician in DC, except that she has a vagina. Every one of you came from a woman's body, and some of you likely have daughters, yet after years of fighting disenfranchisement we are still treated like cattle at a state fair behind the apparantly fake impression that we are in an equal society. I understand that even the most compassionate person tires of political correctness and thus explaning Trump's ascension- but all you have to do is read a little bit what his base (uneducated white men- ie. most of the UPS non-corporate work force) really thinks of women (and minorities and immigrants) to understand why political correctness was necessitated by law. In the 50's you could openly judge a woman for fat ankles in the workplace (instead of secretly behind anonymous avatars) instead of judging her with thoughtful critique of her accomplishments, which I can promise you are a hell of a lot more then yours.

TLDR

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
See but I'm 18, single, and ready to cut every tie in the states, ive got nothing to pull me back
I believe you have to work here a year to be eligible to transfer to another state...If an international transfer is possible...the same would probably be true.
You've only been here a few months. Why not just quit and go apply in whatever country you choose?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I believe you have to work here a year to be eligible to transfer to another state...If an international transfer is possible...the same would probably be true.
You've only been here a few months. Why not just quit and go apply in whatever country you choose?

That's not how it works

Man Of Brown

So if I called Donald Trump spray tan Donald are you going to go off on all his good sides? Defend him? No. Why? Because in our society it's ok to bash a man.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I've been on this site awhile and I have NEVER seen any of the guys tell a woman to suck their D*. I would have to see what posts you're talking about before I believed you. BTW, As long as your novel was, good luck getting anyone else to read it.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

Are you sure? I thought seniority stuck around for 6 years