Interview for Driver Helper

hellyeahseahawks

Hi guys and gals. I'm lousy at these forum websites so bear with me. ;)

I applied to a seasonal driver helper position today and at the end I was automatically given an interview date (tomorrow). What should I expect? I know I won't be training as the interview isn't at the UPS facility. It's at a bus station near my town. Do I come dressed up like at any interview? Am I supposed to be super strong? I'm 23 and weigh 135 pounds. I'm a hard worker and I always kickass in what I do (at least I try). I'm hoping it could turn into something long term, but I won't get myself excited. I live between two UPS drivers (they're sisters) so I know somewhat what the schedule is like. I know they work their butts off and don't quit till the job is done. I want to be a part of that atmosphere!

Any advice for me?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
philosoraptor-meme-generator-start-a-new-thread-or-use-search-a98259.jpg

upschuck

Just show up in societally normal everyday clothes, nothing special is required. They will tell, usually a group of up to 20 people, what the job entails, and sometimes interview people that still want the job. In years past, you get very little training in classroom, and driver trains on you first day. Depending how busy they are on the first day, is how much training you get.

Most cases, the driver is your boss, and can make your day good, or bad, long or short(following days), or if you even keep you with a single driver, or moved around between different ones. My first day, I goofed as a helper, and was with a different driver the next day, goofed again, and with a third driver which I made him run under, and was with him the rest of the year.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's harder work than you expect. Most if not all people are surprised at what we do. Most people think we have a mostly empty truck and just cruise around all day. It'll be an educational experience for you if nothing else.