Interview on Friday

Apd

Well I have an interview on Friday and I was wondering if I should bring my resume with me or not? Also any tips or anything I should know before going in? Interviewing for a part time package handler position. Thanks

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
You can bring your resume, but it certainly won't be required. Dress decent. Overall it's a pretty simple process. Explanation of job, tour of facility, interview.

Ant12

Do what you want but I wouldn't even call it an interview. I got hired about 6 months ago and it's literally just them talking to you about having the job lol, at least that's what happened to me

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They run tours through our hub on a daily basis, every sort. They can't keep people down here in Texas. Maybe too hot, I don't know. 10, maybe 15 at a time. They don't sugarcoat it. The tours are given in the same time frame that you will be working. A lot of them go out the guardshack and never come back. A couple of years ago, they lowered the age requirements to increase the employee pool. A while back there was an increase if foot injuries in the hub. Management got tough and said if you don't wear proper work shoes or boots, we will send you home. Haha that worked real well. People went home, the sort suffered and stuff didn't make pull times. Center loads were late and drivers were late getting out of the buildings. rut roh. Never mind, just wear what you want. But definitely nobody barefoot! And we mean that too!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They run tours through our hub on a daily basis, every sort. They can't keep people down here in Texas. Maybe too hot, I don't know. 10, maybe 15 at a time. They don't sugarcoat it. The tours are given in the same time frame that you will be working. A lot of them go out the guardshack and never come back. A couple of years ago, they lowered the age requirements to increase the employee pool. A while back there was an increase if foot injuries in the hub. Management got tough and said if you don't wear proper work shoes or boots, we will send you home. Haha that worked real well. People went home, the sort suffered and stuff didn't make pull times. Center loads were late and drivers were late getting out of the buildings. rut roh. Never mind, just wear what you want. But definitely nobody barefoot! And we mean that too!
They do enforce the no work boots, go home in my building from what I've seen. One of these days I want to show up wearing my elmo slippers just so they can send me home...lol.

Apd

Well I had my interview this morning, and I think that it went well. It was for a different shift than what I had applied to which I think pissed some of the others off, but I was fine with it. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They do enforce the no work boots, go home in my building from what I've seen. One of these days I want to show up wearing my elmo slippers just so they can send me home...lol.

If they send you home that means they don't like you. I wear sneakers all the time and nothing ever was said to me by anyone except my annoying shop steward whom I ignored.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If they send you home that means they don't like you. I wear sneakers all the time and nothing ever was said to me by anyone except my annoying shop steward whom I ignored.
Lol I'm not in preschool....I've never been sent home for forgetting my crayons...although somedays, I wouldn't mind. Good luck with your sneakers when you drop an overweight on your foot and file an accident report. They will be all over your "improper footwear" like white on rice..

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lol I'm not in preschool....I've never been sent home for forgetting my crayons...although somedays, I wouldn't mind. Good luck with your sneakers when you drop an overweight on your foot and file an accident report. They will be all over your "improper footwear" like white on rice..

Lol, I unload package cars, what is the probability of something falling onto my feet/foot?