Iowa might join Convention of States.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The push for a convention of the states as been endorsed by a host of prominent conservatives, including former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, radio hosts Sean Hannity and Mark L/evin, and David Barton, an evangelical Christian minister from Texas who disputes the idea that the U.S. Constitution requires a separation of church and state.
LMFAO
GLWT

BrownArmy

Love the avatar !

60631.jpg

Gay chemicals, Alex Jones, and frogs.

Shine on, you crazy diamond!

BrownArmy

I’d say it’s minimal. I’ve considered assisted living and euthanasia for certain situations, Alzheimer’s has effected grandparents and other older relatives.

No doubt.

Heard an interesting radio program with a guy who spent a year with 80+ year old citizens, my takeaway was we don't know what the deal is until we're there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No doubt.

Heard an interesting radio program with a guy who spent a year with 80+ year old citizens, my takeaway was we don't know what the deal is until we're there.
That's pretty much true of any age.
If I knew playing tennis was going to cripple me at age 62, I would have chosen swimming or bicycling.
I concentrated on tennis as an exercise because I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes at age 24 and weighing 172 pounds.
Double-edged sword.

bbsam

Staff member
Melding church and state might be dangerous if another religion became predominate someday.
Another religion?!? Holy crap! ANY religion!

Hell, ask a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod what they think of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Fair warning: DUCK!

Seriously. Regions have deeper divisions than political parties. I don't think we want that kind of melding.

Ms.PacMan

Another religion?!? Holy crap! ANY religion!

Hell, ask a member of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod what they think of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Fair warning: DUCK!

Seriously. Regions have deeper divisions than political parties. I don't think we want that kind of melding.

I agree.

floridays

I doubt you'll get 34 states.
Why do you say, you'll? You don't agree that if 34 states should agree on anything that the Constitution should be amended? Many things you are for have been dictated by a federal judge, or in the case or Obama care, nine unelected Supreme Court Justices. I fail to see the reason for the disjunction. You types seem to be happy when the judiciary, by edict alters the Constitution, a document your type deems as living and breathing. On the other hand if the states attempt to have a Convention of States in order to amend the document, you call them You'll. Do you care to or can you even explain your position?

Last edited by a moderator:

vantexan

That's pretty much true of any age.
If I knew playing tennis was going to cripple me at age 62, I would have chosen swimming or bicycling.
I concentrated on tennis as an exercise because I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes at age 24 and weighing 172 pounds.
Double-edged sword.
Well no wonder. A monkey weighing 172 lbs is obese! Spank that monkey!