Irregs at Apartments

Zowert

You have five 10+ foot long irregulars over 70lbs that is going to an apartment building with no elevator. The customer’s apartment is on the fifth floor. This building has a large mailroom, but this customer wants their irregs left at their front door. What do you do?

I’ll tell you what I’d do: Deliver them to the mailroom and tell them to hire a mover.

I’m just thinking, what if I damage the drywall while packing those friend’ing things up the stairs? I’m wondering where we draw the line. If a customer in a two story house wanted you to haul some heavy irregulars up some stairs to their bedroom, you wouldn’t do it. Unless it was for a smoking hot female that answered the door in a towel, then you never know, she might have another reason for you going up to the bedroom.

Walk up to unit. See if they are home. If they are, ask for help. If they are home and refuse to help, message center on DIAD to send a neighboring driver for help. If they aren't home, NI1 and keep moving. (then enjoy having those huge irregs FK up your truck the next day!)

Siveriano

I usually message my center requesting help, if not help and customer is not home then just place them behind a lock door where only someone with keys to the building have access.

There used to be a driver at my center who will always call for help when over 70 and if they didn't send a driver he will just bring it back and sheet it missed

The Driver

I drive.
5FF0176F-259E-4B59-A490-52E81F4A5561.gif

Zowert

The first time, and only time thus far, I called for help was my first week. An old timer shows up and says “You need help with this?” It was a 12ft long by 4ft wide iron bed set (in a box) that weighed 150lbs, we had to haul it up ridiculously steep stairs to a porch. I like to think he was giving me a hard time but he’s an old grump so I could never be sure.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You have five 10+ foot long irregulars over 70lbs that is going to an apartment building with no elevator. The customer’s apartment is on the fifth floor. This building has a large mailroom, but this customer wants their irregs left at their front door. What do you do?

I’ll tell you what I’d do: Deliver them to the mailroom and tell them to hire a mover.

I’m just thinking, what if I damage the drywall while packing those friend’ing things up the stairs? I’m wondering where we draw the line. If a customer in a two story house wanted you to haul some heavy irregulars up some stairs to their bedroom, you wouldn’t do it. Unless it was for a smoking hot female that answered the door in a towel, then you never know, she might have another reason for you going up to the bedroom.
Forget about the drywall, what if you fall and sprain your ankle, or break your wrist, or blow out your back? The way things are with irreggs these days, I’ll get them to your property, the rest is up to you.

By the time you drag all that stuff to the fifth floor , you will be to tired to do "anything else"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

If not home it goes to the UPS store for them to pick up. If home, they have to move it.

hegro

I had a HUGE couch in 2 boxes yesterday going to a 3rd story apartment. Tried to see if that :censored2:er was home twice yesterday because I needed help moving it. Really didn't want it on my truck today but I wasn't about to lift it by myself. Oh well, guess my truck will be :censored2:ed today. Not like it wouldn't have been on a wednesday anyways.

In2Deep?

You leave them in the mailroom and be thankful they’re too heavy for someone to steal. If the OMS sup says they complained say “oh sorry” and then go on with life. With all the bs being thrown at lower management odds are you’ll never hear of the complaint....use you’re “busted drywall” excuse. That’s a good one

Zowert

Forget about the drywall, what if you fall and sprain your ankle, or break your wrist, or blow out your back? The way things are with irreggs these days, I’ll get them to your property, the rest is up to you.

I don’t know why I wasn’t thinking about this, getting hurt doing something unnecessary. If a customer ever complains about my refusal to haul it up stairs to their apartment I’m going to ask if they are willing to compensate me for lost wages if I bust my back while doing it.

Indecisi0n

Find the closest woods on your route. Make sure there are no cameras and dumb the boxes in the woods. Never scan them and just "not found" them at the end of the day.