Irrelevant to any thread but I need info

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Any one have the good luck to trade a vehicle and have the dealer not pay it off. I did. I dont know what course of action to take besides going there and sitting til I get a check for the payoff. Its been 2 months. I see there has been alot of it going on lately. Just wondered if any BCers have had it happen, and what you did. :sick:

drewed

Shankman
When I worked at a dealership......
Was it part of the agreement that it would be a full pay off? A lot of dealerships wont do a full pay off because how much you owe doesnt equal out to how much its worth....unless you rolled it over into your new loan?
And beyond that where I worked it was an automatic wire transfer to do the pay off once the credit approval was made....
Id double check all the paperwork, then try to get ahold of the guy that did your friend&I (finance and insurance) if that doesnt work, his manager/sales manager....and if it goes that far you should file a complaint with the local BBB

ol'browneye

You could be like the lady in St. Louis who bought a car from a big dealer only to have the dealer close it's doors before she got the title app and paper work mailed to her to get it licensed and titled. She is stuck with a car that she has no proof of ownership on and can't drive because she can't get it licensed but she has the car loan and has to make payments.

This was on the news a few weeks ago. I don't know if it ever got resolved or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a local car dealer (since closed) who spent some time in one of our local correctional facilities for not paying off trade-ins. People were buying cars from him and were finding out that he hadn't paid off the loan on their trade in and was instead using that money to pay off his gambling debts. Ironically, he is now out of prison and, you guessed it, still selling cars (he is working for a local dealership).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes I found out from the bank that this dealer was shut down for, you guessed it the same thing.
And different family members took it over.
had to reinstate insurance on a truck I dont even know where it is. And make the payments.
Lock and Load, Im going hunting for it. :whiteflag:Gotta try out my new gun on some sparkly new vehicles.

j/k

drewed

Shankman
YOU NEED TO! At the very least file a police report about it so theres record of it because at this point youre liable for anything thats done in that vehicle. What did your bank say about it?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Will do tomorrow. They are open til 9 and we just went there and they are not open, and only junkers left on lot. Fun begins.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We had a dealer in town do that. They ended up with an butt load of small claims decisions against them and a few charges as well. Never heard how it turned out. Our newspaper sucks.

P

pickup

Help me Howard???? What, like Howard Stern ???

I didn't know Klein had a "help me howard" guy on his local newscast but here is the a "help me Howard" segment from wpix(cw) news in new york city. Generally, it involves a reporter confronting the "alleged" scammer. I've seen these ,not necessarily "help me Howard", throughout the country.

[video=youtube;UwfjZnLXGcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwfjZnLXGcs[/video]

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So how did it work out , tooner?
My husband packed his lunch, and reported to the dealership. Refused to leave until it was paid. It got paid that very day, Imagine that.............They are back up and running, went by the other day. Guess they were just a victim of hard times for a moment, they made it right, it just took them 3 months. They reimbursed us for the payments and insurance we paid during that time, so In my case I guess I was lucky.

P

pickup

My husband packed his lunch, and reported to the dealership. Refused to leave until it was paid. It got paid that very day, Imagine that.............They are back up and running, went by the other day. Guess they were just a victim of hard times for a moment, they made it right, it just took them 3 months. They reimbursed us for the payments and insurance we paid during that time, so In my case I guess I was lucky.

I shouldn't have had to necropost to get the resolution to this story, especially when the resolution is good news. And good news is what we need tooner!:happy2: