IRS wants more access to bank accounts

vantexan

I find that survival skills are more important than gold/silver. Don't those precious metals require specific care and storage? Then you have to defend it. You can't steal my knowledge.

Did you know you can eat a certain part of tree bark? Cut it into strips and boil it like noodles. Good source of carbs. Google it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm smart than most.
I buried my cans in other people's yards.
That way the feds can seize all of my property and still not get all my money.

vantexan

I'm smart than most.
I buried my cans in other people's yards.
That way the feds can seize all of my property and still not get all my money.
My grandfather grew up in the Great Depression and never trusted banks. He kept cash hidden all over the place. After he died my dad went through literally everything in the house and his huge shop full of equipment. Turned up $74,000! All of it went to my aunt who was supposed to inherit all the remaining cash. My dad got the shop and the acreage which was worth more.

floridays

My grandfather grew up in the Great Depression and never trusted banks. He kept cash hidden all over the place. After he died my dad went through literally everything in the house and his huge shop full of equipment. Turned up $74,000! All of it went to my aunt who was supposed to inherit all the remaining cash. My dad got the shop and the acreage which was worth more.

Watch this Van, I know you've heard of this type of thing

Thebrownblob

Civil asset forfeiture, The government doesn’t need to follow the laws or constitution when they do it. They can take your possessions and your money by saying you obtained it illicitly. And the burden of proof is on you. Pretty neat trick by our benevolent government.

fishtm2001

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Geeezus you swallow a lot of garbage.

vantexan

Watch this Van, I know you've heard of this type of thing
That's really disturbing. Saw a 60 Minutes segment many years ago of a black man traveling to Tennessee with cash to buy some plants for his nursery business. His money was taken from him and it forced him to close his business. Don't remember if he ever got his money back. There was a corrupt sheriff's dept in Louisiana stopping luxury cars on I-10 passing through and seizing the cars on the pretext that they were being bought with drug money. Did it to the wrong people and it came out what their scheme was. I get tired of people running down our institutions but things like this give them reasons to not trust and to hate people we should otherwise respect.

floridays

That's really disturbing. Saw a 60 Minutes segment many years ago of a black man traveling to Tennessee with cash to buy some plants for his nursery business. His money was taken from him and it forced him to close his business. Don't remember if he ever got his money back. There was a corrupt sheriff's dept in Louisiana stopping luxury cars on I-10 passing through and seizing the cars on the pretext that they were being bought with drug money. Did it to the wrong people and it came out what their scheme was. I get tired of people running down our institutions but things like this give them reasons to not trust and to hate people we should otherwise respect.
I agree, in many cases they bring the distrust upon themselves.